Who has been to Bananarama?

misand

Just booked this. Can you tell me what your favorite food or drink was?

Any pictures? How was the bathrooms?

We booked the one with the transportation to and from the ship?

What was your favorite thing here and why?

Suggestions on anything?!:p

Have you googled " Bananarama Roatan " yet ? There are tons of links that will come up if you do. Even a video they have put online as the resort is for sale. Also - go to Tripadvisor and there will be a bunch of photos there.

We have been to Roatan 3 times.....once on a cruise stop and then we went back last July for a week and then again at Christmas for a week. We did not stay here but right down the beach at Infinity Bay.

Bananarama is just one of many resorts/restaurants etc located along this beach. It is built in a rustic jungly way with the open air restaurant along the front facing the beach. The food and drink is standard beach fare. We have eaten here a couple of times. I really enjoyed the taco salad I had last time I ate here. The pizzas are pretty good too. We have also eaten twice at the Vintage Pearl (the fancy inside restaurant) but it is open only for dinner. Can't really comment on the drinks.

Favorite thing? The beach of course. Its all about the beach and the water and the reef and the snorkeling.

Just go and enjoy yourself. Relax.

The area can get pretty busy right in front of the restaurant. Late comers are often given a chair right in front in the narrow part of beach. Not ideal. But those folks I think are just walk ups. You will be stationed to the side.

The casual restaurant is average. Nice location right on the beach with palms. There is often some music. Menu is pretty big with wraps, sandwiches,and entrees. I enjoyed the fish tacos. We were there (land trip) a couple happy hours for drink specials and they were generous sized and good. Not sure what they offer during the day for the cruisers. The four local beers all along the beach is $2.50-3.00. You don't have to eat there. Walk the beach and you will find other spots.

Infinity Bay Resort has a nice lunch menu. It's just 3 min down the beach. Good pizzas there too. A bit more $$ for drinks.

People keep mentioned that you should just buy beer on the beach, as it's cheaper than the restaurants. Where exactly are you buying it? Are people just selling it out of their cooler on the beach?

There are usually a couple guys selling bottles of beer and soda...yes just from coolers. Can't say what they charge...we appreciate a table to rest our glasses on.;)

There are many restaurants that sell the local beer for $2.00 - I have never bought one from somebody out of a cooler ????? nor will I.

On our last visit we walked the entire length of the beach daily, sometimes more than once, and I probably counted 3 or 4 signs for local beer at $2.00 at various locations (restaurants/cafes) along the beach.

Its good beer too ;)

I would think beer out of a cooler would taste the very same as beer from a restaurant... the difference being the guy with the cooler doesn't have to pay RECO for the electricity to cool the brew... it could be less expensive.

Course we are talking about West Bay..everything is more expense there. I have known water bottles to be a full dollar difference between West End and West Bay.

I would think beer out of a cooler would taste the very same as beer from a restaurant... the difference being the guy with the cooler doesn't have to pay RECO for the electricity to cool the brew... it could be less expensive.

Of course you are probably right and in retrospect I would if I knew they hadn't gotten hot and cold a couple of times - making them go flat.

There is also an ice cream guy and let us not forget the "banana donut" guy. I can still hear him singing his bananadonut as he walked the beach.

Archived