Feelings on booking another Carnival cruise.

saturnsc

Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?  

915 members have voted

1. 1. Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

I am sure many will say it would never cross their mind to reconsider Carnival- but for me, YES, I am rethinking it. We take safety/maintance issues very seriously and so far I am not real impressed with how Carnival has handled this, am going to wait and see what the cause of the fire is ruled to be. At the very least they did a good job of extinguishing it so I have an open mind.

I have 2 carnival cruises booked, we will be going on the March one for sure, but right now- July is in question. I may cancel and switch brands.

We are sailing on the Sunshine in April.. :) Thinking about the same ship from New Orleans in April 2014!:p

Can't imagine any other line being better prepared for something like this.. :o The logistics and location of the ship make everything so difficult!:(

I was hesitant to book another Carnival cruise after my first one, but did anyway. That did it, never again. Food was terrible and service worse. The last straw was when two drunk guys started fighting on the stairs and then their wives, cousins, whatever joined in. We even had a power outage. You get what you pay for and Carnival keeps it on the cheap.

Stretch

I booked my next Carnival cruise the night of the incident. Accidents happen everywhere, and the fact CCL operates a larger fleet...of course they'll have a higher number of incidents.

I've cruised with both Royal Caribbean and Carnival in the past, and was much more pleased with Carnival in every way; couple that with Carnival being so much cheaper, and it's a no brainer for me.

I am sure many will say it would never cross their mind to reconsider Carnival- but for me, YES, I am rethinking it. We take safety/maintance issues very seriously and so far I am not real impressed with how Carnival has handled this, am going to wait and see what the cause of the fire is ruled to be. At the very least they did a good job of extinguishing it so I have an open mind.

I have 2 carnival cruises booked, we will be going on the March one for sure, but right now- July is in question. I may cancel and switch brands.

Not impressed with how Carnival has handled this? Do you know something everyone else doesn't? What exactly would have impressed you?

Alll these people need some cheese to go with thier 'whinnnneeee' If you don't like Carnival, get off the site and go about your business! No one will miss you! Cars break down all the time! Motors are unpredictable even if you THINK they're in good shape! So they made a mistake! Maybe! Maybe not! Must be rewarding to be sooooo perfect! Quit being so judgemental! It's a huge operation and things can go wrong! I love Carnival and will not let this deter me from going with them! I for one, do not expect perfection! At least they're doing best they can with a bad situation!

It doesn't deter me from sailing Carnival in the least.

Things happen that are beyond our control. Unpleasant conditions, yes, but it doesn't seem as if there's anything more that can be done at this point. There are a lot worse things and worse conditions in many places on earth where people live full time.

There are no guarantees of anything in life. You can either live in fear based on other people's experiences and "horror stories", or you can get on with life and enjoy it. The choices is yours. I choose not to let this deter me from having a great time on my next Carnival cruise.

I was hesitant to book another Carnival cruise after my first one, but did anyway. That did it, never again. Food was terrible and service worse. The last straw was when two drunk guys started fighting on the stairs and then their wives, cousins, whatever joined in. We even had a power outage. You get what you pay for and Carnival keeps it on the cheap.

Stretch

HaHaHa!! I don't care who you are, that's some funny stuff right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only been on 1 Carnival cruise and I'm looking forward to booking another one. Mechanical issues and or fires can happen on any cruise ship. People don't stop flying on airplanes after a mechanical problem, they find another flight and move on.

Anything mechanical and with moving parts will break eventually and sometimes will cause a fire. Granted Carnival should step up the maintenance program fleetwide.

Actually, I would probably not consider another Carnival cruise. Not just because of this, but on Valor I was really surprised at the way they handled their safety drill.

WE were on deck (early) so we were in the back. Could not make out the instructions from the recorded announcement. Could not see whoever was demonstrating how to put on the life jacket. All I could think of was if there was ever an emergency very few people would have a clue of what to do. They didn't learn anything from Concordia.

Absolutely would book again! Actually, I already am booked on TRIUMPH for 4/8! As long as they figure out the problem, I have no qualms about going! I am confident that she will be fixed, and better than ever before they let her sail again. Things happen, and sometimes they are out of anyone's control.

As far as how Carnival has handled it, I don't know how they are supposed to control currents/wind. I think the original estimation of arrival in Progreso was just that, *and estimate*. The changed that estimate based on how far the ship traveled in the currents- and now that she was equidistant from both ports, decided it made more sense to go with the current vs. against it, while also getting around the issue of getting passengers back home that were traveling without passports. Totally makes sense to me!

I was talking about this situation with friends earlier, and I am sure that it is less than desirable on board right now. But, I think the "horror stories" or "tales of survival" are going to differ greatly from person to person. I think with anything, it is about perspective. One person may tell you how awful it was, and that they thought they were going to die- while another may tell you that it was a crappy end to their vacation, but one they won't forget, and that they felt safe/comfortable (even if inconvenienced) the whole time. It all depends on if you are a person who can be given lemons and make lemonade (and if on a cruise ship, Add Vodka!), or if you are going to just stew about being handed lemons!

Archived