Booking/Cost Savings Advice

JBert

Maybe our veteran members might be able to provide some guidance on this!

My DW and I are booked on Explorer - 6-13-13 9 nt. We have yet to add our DD to the reservation.

Why? Last year, I held out adding her to our 5 nt on Ex until weeks before the sailing. Somehow when adding her, there was a firefighter & residency discount available - the numbers worked out with the drop in price while adding our DD only cost us $150 more than we paid for our JS.

Is it worth the gamble to wait again, or should we just add her?

Happy Cruising!

Holding out works sometimes, and other times won't. You always run the risk of the ship reaching "life boat" capacity according to the Coast Guard regulations and then closing bookings to third/fourth passengers. Even if you have a cabin that will hold 3/4, you may not be able to add her if it is calculated that booking all remaining cabins at double occupancy would hit the magic number.

Only you know what risks you are willing to accept. You may be fine, you may not. No one knows what will happen.

You risk not being able to add her at all. They have a limit of souls on board and even if your cabin would accommodate more people, once they've reached the limit, they won't let you add them.

Thanks Trish!

You can still get a discount like that if there are three in the cabin.

Add her now, and take her off later if the numbers aren't working for you.

:)

Hi Mom!

Of course, that's how I did it the first time! Would I be able to remove just her and then re-add her to get a better deal?

( Love reading your posts, they make my day!)

Hi Mom!

Of course, that's how I did it the first time! Would I be able to remove just her and then re-add her to get a better deal?

( Love reading your posts, they make my day!)

Are you saying that you are afraid that having three on the reservation would mean that the discount wouldn't come up? I don't think that that is true.

And thank you very much. :D :o

Are you saying that you are afraid that having three on the reservation would mean that the discount wouldn't come up? I don't think that that is true.

And thank you very much. :D :o

No, no matter what if the FF/EMT/Police discount is available, I'll get it. My concern would be doing it after final payment if she's on it (she wasn't on it last year when the discount applied, so they reduced our rates and added her, costing us only $150 AFTER final payment.)

I think I'm just making this too confusing!:D

Archived