Navigator MDR Time

travelplus

For some reason I was switched from 6 to 5:30 PM on the Navigator so I was wondering what time the early seating show would be at. It seems like we would get more time in the evening after the show for dancing etc. As the Windjammer closes at 9:00PM would there be time to grab a snack later on after the show before they close?

We are on the New Orleans-Rome seating. The interesting part is when we originally booked a few weeks ago our seating was at 6:00PM and then moved to 5:30 PM is this due to the show productions being earlier?

I still plan on going to either the WJ or Promenade Cafe if I do get a bit hungry later on in the evening.

Thanks

For some reason I was switched from 6 to 5:30 PM on the Navigator so I was wondering what time the early seating show would be at. It seems like we would get more time in the evening after the show for dancing etc. As the Windjammer closes at 9:00PM would there be time to grab a snack later on after the show before they close?

We are on the New Orleans-Rome seating. The interesting part is when we originally booked a few weeks ago our seating was at 6:00PM and then moved to 5:30 PM is this due to the show productions being earlier?

I still plan on going to either the WJ or Promenade Cafe if I do get a bit hungry later on in the evening.

Thanks

They have changed the early dining time a couple of times on us. Looking at the daily newsletters from the past trans-Atlantics when the moved up the dining to 5:30, the first show was at 6:45 which would be a push to make. The second show was 8:30.

What you really need to cross your fingers that won't happen is they move the clocks forward at noon rather than midnight. This is usually done on sea days crossing so the time will be in sync with local time when you hit land again and several days in a row. This means if you run up to the WJ promptly at 11:30, scarf down your lunch in half an hour, you will be leaving at one p.m. "new" time. Then you have to line up 4 1/2 hours later for dinner.

This is a decision made by the captain which we think is to give the crew their normal sleeping hours as shaving an hour off every night at midnight for several nights in a row is really hard on them. Now the suits, shops, bar crew, on the other hand, do not like the noon move up because it cuts an hour of prime time selling off so it is not routinely done on every eastbound crossing.

Tucker in Texas

They have changed the early dining time a couple of times on us. Looking at the daily newsletters from the past trans-Atlantics when the moved up the dining to 5:30, the first show was at 6:45 which would be a push to make. The second show was 8:30.

What you really need to cross your fingers that won't happen is they move the clocks forward at noon rather than midnight. This is usually done on sea days crossing so the time will be in sync with local time when you hit land again and several days in a row. This means if you run up to the WJ promptly at 11:30, scarf down your lunch in half an hour, you will be leaving at one p.m. "new" time. Then you have to line up 4 1/2 hours later for dinner.

This is a decision made by the captain which we think is to give the crew their normal sleeping hours as shaving an hour off every night at midnight for several nights in a row is really hard on them. Now the suits, shops, bar crew, on the other hand, do not like the noon move up because it cuts an hour of prime time selling off so it is not routinely done on every eastbound crossing.

Tucker in Texas

Thanks a lot Tucker. I did call Crown and Anchor and they were not sure why it was moved and our agent did not notify us. Why should the cruise cater to the crew its us passengers who are paying them for our vacation? Airlines travel at all hours of the night so whats one lost hour per night going to do? I mean flight attendants lose 10 hours in one shot(:

I want to go to the MDR for lunch and not want to scarf down my meal. I like a leisurely lunch and a leisurely breakfast not being rushed. I do like the WJ but love to be served since I have worked hard all year for this vacation. Now its my time to be served(:

On a positive note the STAR desk agent who the C&A agent was speaking to apologized and gave us an additional $100 OBC because not even our Travel Agent told us.

Thanks

I just wanted to say I, too had 6pm dining for that sailing and I had checked a couple of days ago and they had moved me to 5:30! I felt that was just too early to eat...

I called my travel agent and she had me waitlisted for late dining, but I eventually changed my mind and wanted MTD instead...so that's what I got! :)

Late dining is too late for us. I called C&A who tried to see what went on and even he could not explain it to us. So while i was on the phone with him he put me on hold and called over to the group department/STAR desk and tried to find out and could not say anything except it was a change and I was not made aware of it. The STAR agent apologized and extended an extra $100 OBC as a goodwill. I was not expecting this. When I called I said that I was irked that I was the one who had to find out about this change and not through the travel agent.

RCCL could have used the message function or sent us a form letter stating our change of dining time. We should still be part of MTD with the option of post-paying our tips as a result of this.

Archived