Booked a Guarantee.....Anyone ever get a cabin assigned before Final Payment was Paid

If so, did your cabin assignment ever change again before you boarded the ship?

Find it quite strange to be assigned a cabin already when we could just cancel and rebook at the same guarantee price we paid earlier and get another shot at possibly a better cabin and location.

Jimbo:)

Hi Jimbo, we too booked a "guarantee balcony" and the very next day, I noticed that we had our assigned cabin already.

The cabin isn't so bad, its on the 8th deck with no lifeboats below but, I was thinking the same thing as you. I wonder what my odds are of landing an even better balcony if I rebooked? But then again, I'm a bit afraid it might be worse.

I certainly was happy with the price. We saved about $800 over what it would have cost to book the same E1 balcony cabin that we were assigned. Were you not happy with your assignment?? :rolleyes:

OHNO!!!!!4_11_9.gif Don't tell me YOU didnt get an aft??????????

Oh well,I hope you make the best of it...........;)

Well it's not exactly facing the wake but if we stick our head out the balcony during a slight turn I'm sure we can see the wake so we are toward the aft, just not on the aft!:mad: That's okay though for the price we are extremely happy:D Anywhere on a ship for 10 days is a great! Better then being at work !

So it's not all bad :cool:

Jimbo

The cabin isn't so bad, its on the 8th deck with no lifeboats below but, I was thinking the same thing as you. I wonder what my odds are of landing an even better balcony if I rebooked? But then again, I'm a bit afraid it might be worse.

I certainly was happy with the price. We saved about $800 over what it would have cost to book the same E1 balcony cabin that we were assigned. Were you not happy with your assignment?? :rolleyes:

We saved alot too, we also got a E1 Category Cabin, we are on deck 7 though toward the aft( no life boat covers under our cabin either)....I didn't see any E1's on deck 8 besides near the centrum, you sure you got a Category E1 ? You were lucky to get one of those midship cabins if that is where you are at.

We weren't unhappy with our cabin selection just very surprised it was done this soon before final payment was even due yet. Just wondered if that is the way they do it lately as far as guarantees go.

Anyone else have this happen to them and closer to the cruise or day of the cruise get a different cabin?

The cruise line will assign you a cabin before you sail and you can easily find out which cabin by pulling up your booking number on the RCCL site.

Yes but, they already assigned a cabin but we still have 106 days before our cruise, I was thinking it would maybe be done 35 days from now just after our final payment due date.

Strange huh?

Jimbo, when we've booked a guarantee we've also gotten an assignment very quickly and I do not recall that it ever changed on RCI. On Princess it has changed a few times after being assigned. I'm with you, though, I think it is strange to assign before final payment. You would think they would wait to see what is available after that. What if somebody wanted to book your cabin?

Jimbo, I saw your cabin number on the Jewel roll call thread. I believe you do have the white lifeboat cover just outside your cabin. I have attached a photo for you. Maybe I have the wrong cabin number. I just wanted you to be sure so you can make your best decision. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do!! :confused:

903086467_JeweloftheSeasfromabove_200x250.jpg.31c9eee35e7f914146ad0afc32f54f24.jpg

Was on Radiance last October, was on deck 7 too midship. Did look down the side of ship too, not sure why the deck plans look like they jut out. I don't think there are life boats under our cabin but like you said there might be some kind of covering just outside our balcony. Not a big deal though, I rather be at the back of this ship then forward. Better being closer to the dining room and Windjammer. Forward always seems to get more motion on this type of ship also.

jeweloftheseas7.gif

Not sure if we will cancel or not and rebook too. Seems to be a ton of cabins left for these sailings out of Boston. I can't see them getting rid of the guarantees just yet. If you do cancel be sure to go on the RCCL.com site and hold a cabin first before you call and cancel and this way you still have the same price locked in.

We have a gaurantee balcony booked for Set 12 jewel out of Bos and no cabin assigned yet.Last time I checked still aft cabins available. Plenty of cabins in all catagories as far as I can tell. Ship does not look full at all.Also have D1 aft cabins at D1 prices.Has not dropped.What are the chances D1 will go down if ship does not fill up.Final payment due in about 3 weeks and I expect some people will drop out leaving even more cabins openThanks Pat

Jimbo, when we've booked a guarantee we've also gotten an assignment very quickly and I do not recall that it ever changed on RCI. On Princess it has changed a few times after being assigned. I'm with you, though, I think it is strange to assign before final payment. You would think they would wait to see what is available after that. What if somebody wanted to book your cabin?

Would love a nice upgrade to a larger cabin then the one we got but we are never that lucky, it's always someone else that gets the nice upgrade. I don't think it matters either that we have sailed alot on Royal Caribbean too. Being a Diamond Crown and Anchor Member doesn't seem to help either.

Jimbo:) <<< keeping fingers crossed for a nice upgrade from the upgrade fairy:D

Jimbo, thanks for the tip about holding another guarantee cabin first, if I decide to cancel mine. I didn't think about that!! Good advice!! :) The price is very good for the guarantee cabins. I wonder if many people cancelled what they had and took that instead? Its seems true that a lot of the sailings from Boston this Fall appear to have many cabins still available. Who knows, maybe this is your year for the "upgrade fairy". Best of luck!! :p

Ok. I have a question. How do you book a guarantee cabin? Do you have to do that through a TA? The last two cruises I booked with RCCL online the Guarantees have been been unavailable. I've even looked at cruises over a year out, and still they show unavailable.:confused:

We booked an E1 guarantee while on board Mariner in Jan for this November. I checked last week and saw that we had assigned cabins. I was not very happy with the assignments,(was given an adjoining room) so I called my TA and she had them changed to deck 8 from deck 6 and on the starboard side which we prefer almost mid ship. We are very happy with the outcome, so call your TA and see what can be done...:cool:

jcb-mommy, I think guarantees are offered when there are a lot of cabins still available on a sailing. I held one on the RCCL website for a day while I talked it over with my DH, and then I had my TA call and reserve for me. In this case, the price was quite a bit lower for the guarantee balcony but I have read that sometimes the difference is not worthwhile for the chance you take. Meaning, you may not be happy with the cabin that you are assigned. In my case, the savings were well worth the risk. I think I was assigned a fairly good cabin and the price was excellent for a ten day cruise!!! :)

As the last poster mentioned, if you are assigned a cabin that you are really unhappy with, you can always have your TA call and ask RCCL if you can have your cabin number changed. I'm still thinking this one over. I may try it myself, I guess the worst they can say is, "no". ;)

jcb-mommy, I think guarantees are offered when there are a lot of cabins still available on a sailing.

I guess I must pick popular sailings then...:( I never seem to get the option of a guarantee. I would probably have done it on the Monarch Sailing anyway....since I booked bottom of the barrel so to speak anyway....although I may upgrade myself if I think I won't be able to stand it....LOL. It will be quite a difference...JS in November, bottom inside in Feb....OY! :eek:

Kinda know how you are feeling. Had a wonderful aft JS on Voyager and now we've taken the "guarantee" to an E1. It still has a balcony, although very small compared to our last and still has a bed! Now if we'll be able to walk around the cabin without bumping into each other, remains to be seen. The JS was soooo roomy. But like I said, its a ten night cruise and I just feel lucky to be able to go, no matter what cabin I'm in. (gosh, I hope I don't have to take that back once the cruise is over!!) :eek:

Secretly, I'm hoping to be very content! Cruising would be much more affordable for us if we could take "guarantee" staterooms more often. If this works out, I just may take them from now on! :p

Had a guarantee D cabin on Mariner last month. Cabin was assigned after final payment. I saw another cabin open up that I preferred, same D category, called RCI and changed to that cabin. Had to change number on our luggage tags, but that was the only problem. We are Diamond Plus, but didn't get an upgrade. Only booked a gurantee because that's all that was available, but were very lucky to be able to switch from deck 7 cabin to deck 10. We're sailing from Boston on October 22, and availability is very limited. Maybe more cabins will open up after final payment.

There were no guarantees for my cruise on the jewel in December, does that mean that there are already a lot of people???

Yes it probably means at this time the ship is selling as expected and they don't see a need to offer Guarantees at this time. Things slow up as far as booking for your cruise and then you could see guarantees offered.

Still would love to see our cabin upgraded to a JS or higher before our sail day. We never get any breaks like that though, always hear of someone else getting them.

Archived