Beware if You Drive to Florida to Cruise on RCI

kingsgirl

I am with you on that! It seems that some SCATICO hate Canadians and Quebecistanians (what on earth does that mean). He keeps coming back with his messages of hate to the point of almost vomitting on us!!! Also CVU who does not want to be compared to Eastern Canadians....I never though people could be so rude to others.

I just returned from a cruise and drove to Florida and back. I am sorry to say that it is in Florida that I encountered the most impolite drivers , always in a rush, blowing their horn on other drivers, driving from right to left and again to right on the highway, while in all other states down the road, people were polite in their way of driving.

My goodness, see what you did? This thread was 2 weeks dead, but you just had to go and re-open the wound. :rolleyes:

I believe the 3-4 months is Dec-Feb with maybe some Nov/Mar on the bookends

Generally, Myrtle Beach is cold in the winter. You get golfers but not much else outside of residents. So October sounds about right.

Generally, Myrtle Beach is cold in the winter. You get golfers but not much else outside of residents. So October sounds about right.

Cold is relative.

The average January temperature in Myrtle Beach is 56; in Halifax it is 31. The Myrtle Beach water temperature in January is about the same as Nova Scotia in summer.

I will be driving for the first time in Florida between Miami and Key West (Last year I drove in and around Vancouver and have driven in France before so am used to driving on the right hand side of the road!).

Is there a best route to take and are there any specific driving etiquettes that I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Adam

I will be driving for the first time in Florida between Miami and Key West (Last year I drove in and around Vancouver and have driven in France before so am used to driving on the right hand side of the road!).

Is there a best route to take and are there any specific driving etiquettes that I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Adam

Stay right except to pass and even if people are speeding by you, don't be tempted to speed. There are so many speed traps it's crazy. There were people pulled over EVERYWHERE.

Governor Rick Scott has signed the repeal bill into law.

The governor said, “It’s like being married a long time, if you’re the husband you give up quickly and say you’re sorry.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2013/04/scott-signs-repeal-of-international-driving-permit-requirement.html

A spokeswoman for CAA-Quebec, a key contributor in raising awareness about the law, said “We welcome this return to normal and wish to inform all Quebecers who are preparing for a stay in Florida that there is no longer a legal obligation to have an IDP to drive there.”

https://www.caaquebec.com/en/news/press-releases/article/international-driving-permit-idp-in-florida-caa-quebec-confirms-the-laws-repeal/

Archived