Blue Lagoon

readytogo2

I remember our cruise on the Spirit - Blue Lagoon was OK but nothing to write home about. I think part of it it may have been the out of the way location - and not a whole lot of seating so you had to hit it when it wasn't crowded.

On the Dawn the Blue Lagoon was outstanding - massive hot wings that made your eyes water when they placed them down in front of you - and DW swore by the hot dogs so much I had to try it once (very good). Loved the location above the atrium too.

I wish they served bangers and mash w/ gravy. I had them at the Bier Garden on the Spirit and they were quite tasty. I didn't find them on the Dawn, and this seems like a perfect addition for the Blue Lagoon menu.

• 2 weeks later...
Brooke Shields lost her virginity there?

I thought that was the place to swim with the Dolphins? The Dolphin gave me a kiss, but Brooke Shields? What number shore excursion is that one with Brooke Shields? She's still a fine looking woman. So am I. I mean I'm a fine looking man. At least to a Dolphin. She was a pretty good smoocher, for a Dolphin.

The Blue Lagoon has the best cheesecake that you will find on the ship. We would eat dinner, skip dessert and go there for cheesecake. The other restaurants would have cheesecake, but it was not the same.

I do agree that the service tends to suck. We also have had to hunt down servers and have felt like we were bothering them.

We've been fortunate to have very good service at the Blue Lagoon on the Pride of Hawai'i (2007), Dawn (2009, 2010), and Spirit (2011)...and the even better luck of having our food be delicious. Needless to say, we really like the Blue Lagoon :).

Still haven't had one of those delicious looking brownie sundaes, yet, since we don't get to Blue Lagoon at lunch time. One of these days, though :D.

• 1 month later...

Even after reading some of the posts here I'm willing to give the BL a try. One question though...

Breakfast is served until 11am, according to the one menu I downloaded. Does that mean I can swan in at, say, 10:45 and get breakfast but my DW can get something from the lunch menu (she's not a big fan of breakfast)?

For lunch they have potato skins and meatloaf. Childrens menu with mac and cheese and chicken fingers. Dessert had the brownie sundae. I don't remember the rest of the items that were gone on the dinner menu. The best burger I had was in blue lagoon. The rest were very dry.

One day I skipped lunch and suddenly at 3PM I was ravenous and all I could think about was a grilled cheese sandwich (off the kids menu) and tomato soup. I hadn't had since I was a kid, and man, did it hit the spot :) I love Blue Lagoon, but I go in with expectations in check. I know not to order soda, and I know it might be awhile.

NCLBlueLagoonBrownieSupremeafavoritedessert-2_zps42bacb8b.jpg

We've been to Blue Lagoons on the Spirit and Jewel, managed to find the Brownie Sundae both places, but not all the time. On the Sky, they consider Longboard's to be similiar to the BL, but service hours much shorter, sometimes closed when in port or tendered for GSC...definitely not the same menu. We're hoping POA's Cadillac Diner will be much closer in concept, and my research tells me they've also got some wicked (fee) milkshakes as well as chicken pot pies :D

NCLBLWings.jpg

We ate there on the Star a few times. While it definitely seemed understaffed we were pretty fortunate and our service was okay. I tried the wings because I'd read so many great things about them here. Well all I can think I'd a lot of people must live in towns devoid of decent wing joints ;)

That said, their tomato soup was to die for. I normally don't like it at all but this was fantastic. The rest of the food was decent. I found the selection quite limited though but since its a snack place that's okay. I particularly liked having somewhere to go late at night.

But that tomato soup is where it's at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived