RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

We are concerned of RSVP's ability to fill a 3000 passenger plus ship. They have had difficulty filling a 2000 passenger ship. Unless MSC gave them a deal where they can break even at 1800 passengers or so, we have concerns. We want RSVP to succede as we love them so but the numbers scare the BeJesus out of us.

Jeff told me at the price he got it for, he doesn't need to fill the ship to make money. I told him if this doesn't work he will probably be looking for a new job.

I am keeping an open mind, and willing to give the MSC product a try. Only time will tell. Most of us have become used to the HAL experience over the years, now let's see if MSC can deliver.

Now, where is a good place to stay pre or post-cruise in Miami? Any gay clothing optional resorts?

Most guys I talked to are booking the same places (including us) as this year in Fort Lauderdale. FLL is much easier to fly into.

The journey to Miami is estimated to be about 30-40 minutes.

Has anyone found out more information about this private island, especially compared to Half Moon Cay? Cruise Critic says that Half Moon Cay has also been voted "Best Private Island" 11 years in a row by "Porthole Cruise Magazine." I have certainly enjoyed Half Moon Cay. I recall that there was a numerical rating of Caribbean private islands on the Internet or in a magazine and am trying to find it. Concerning Great Stirrup Cay, I have read some of the reviews of Great Stirrup Cay and they are mixed. Some comments said that the beach was very crowded and not in the best condition.

Been to NCL's private island three times. Last time on NCL's jewel over New Years. The island is very nice and best private island for snorkeling of any I have been on. It was hit by Sandy and they lost some items but there is a lot of new things being built and should be ready by our saioling next year.

It is a large island and I know everyone will love it.

1. One reason something differnt. Be open minded and enjoy the change.

2. Atlantis might not do a second Caribean Cruise. So far they only have one in March. If they do a second it is more than likely going to in January.

3. RSVP 2014 is President's week and a lot of schools are close for that week. A lot more teachers can go. Plus only 4 day off for pother with limited vacation time.

4. MSC is planning on moving Divina to the USA year round and will change things to American taste. Coffee after dinner, ice cream, etc.

6. Lots of Atantis guys are coming over to RSVP so they'll help fill the larger ship.

7. For those who cold afford it Yatch Club will be a huge hit.

8. RSVP is looking to attact some younger cruisers.

9. They can offer balcony cabin for what they had to charge for deluxe inside.

10. I'll bet they got a great deal from MSC.

I have been talking this new sailing up to all my friends, many of whom have not sailed with RSVP in years. If we all do the same the ship will sail full and we'll have an ever better time.

I have been talking this new sailing up to all my friends, many of whom have not sailed with RSVP in years. If we all do the same the ship will sail full and we'll have an ever better time.

I agree. We are psyched about this trip. Also, Jeff has posted info on RSVP cruisers that makes us feel a bit more comfortable with MSC. The more we talk this up with our pals, the more folks with whom we can share a great cruise!!

I agree. We are psyched about this trip. Also, Jeff has posted info on RSVP cruisers that makes us feel a bit more comfortable with MSC. The more we talk this up with our pals, the more folks with whom we can share a great cruise!!

Remember to tell your friends to note on their reservation forms that you referred them. If they haven't sailed with RSVP before you score RSViP points.

1. One reason something differnt. Be open minded and enjoy the change.

2. Atlantis might not do a second Caribean Cruise. So far they only have one in March. If they do a second it is more than likely going to in January.

3. RSVP 2014 is President's week and a lot of schools are close for that week. A lot more teachers can go. Plus only 4 day off for pother with limited vacation time.

4. MSC is planning on moving Divina to the USA year round and will change things to American taste. Coffee after dinner, ice cream, etc.

6. Lots of Atantis guys are coming over to RSVP so they'll help fill the larger ship.

7. For those who cold afford it Yatch Club will be a huge hit.

8. RSVP is looking to attact some younger cruisers.

9. They can offer balcony cabin for what they had to charge for deluxe inside.

10. I'll bet they got a great deal from MSC.

Beautifully said. Thank you.:D

I am keeping an open mind, and willing to give the MSC product a try. Only time will tell. Most of us have become used to the HAL experience over the years, now let's see if MSC can deliver.

I'm staying open to it, as well. Our first RSVP cruise was the 2009 Mexican Riviera on NCL's Star. To hear some people speak of that trip, you'd almost think that we were on a barge with military rations and porta-potties. In actuality, the trip was good enough to easily convince us to book for the Caribbean in 2010 (and I went into that cruise thinking I would be underwhelmed). There's no question that HAL offers a great experience. But if RSVP can grow its client base to fill a bigger ship, I'm behind them 100%.

Glad to hear he is helping to change your negative attitude. You may have to suffer without a bathtub. I'm sure the shower will serve your needs.

RSVPcruisers.com is a alumni site for people that have cruised on RSVP before. It is similar to the Atlantis alumni site.

I didn't even know I was a member on the website until you posted the link and checked it out. Did this evolve from the RSVP facebook page?

I'm staying open to it, as well. Our first RSVP cruise was the 2009 Mexican Riviera on NCL's Star. To hear some people speak of that trip, you'd almost think that we were on a barge with military rations and porta-potties. In actuality, the trip was good enough to easily convince us to book for the Caribbean in 2010 (and I went into that cruise thinking I would be underwhelmed). There's no question that HAL offers a great experience. But if RSVP can grow its client base to fill a bigger ship, I'm behind them 100%.

Like I have stated before I have been on close to 50 cruises since my first on back in 1971. That was on HAL and I never thought another line could offer more. Over all those year I have sailed on ships like the 1931 built SS Britanis, in a super small inside cabin, upper and lower beds with a sink only. shared bathrooms were down the hall. You would think it was an old tub but turned out to be a great ship with excellent food, entertainment and a Happy, Fun loving Greek crew. Sailed on her several times and she just got better and better. Been in the Penthouse Suite on Cunard's QE2. It was a mess, failing apart, entertainment, food and bad sevice. However been on a couple of other Cunard ships that were great. I didn't hold out too much for my first NCL cruise on the NCL Dawn. So far I have been on 9 NCL cruises on 5 differnet NCL ships and loved them all. Not HAL but good.

We are going to have a great time on the MSC Divina with RSVP. Good friends, great entertainment, nice ports, warm weather. What more could we ask for?

I didn't even know I was a member on the website until you posted the link and checked it out. Did this evolve from the RSVP facebook page?

I think it may have predated Facebook. I recall RSVP sent out notices about the site a few years ago but it wasn't too active. It seems to have picked up in pace for the last cruise.

I think it may have predated Facebook. I recall RSVP sent out notices about the site a few years ago but it wasn't too active. It seems to have picked up in pace for the last cruise.

I can't help but think that was a result of your activity and involvement. Many thanks to you.

Do this mean there is a gay group on a gay charter? aqua fest cruises dot com /details/?sailid=30.

Generally speaking, Aquafest, Pied Piper, and other gay tour groups offer charters on larger straight cruises. They don't have enough people to fill the ship. Pied Piper's Post Thanksgiving cruise is probably the largest gay charter on a straight cruise, filling almost half the ship, depending on capacity.

Atlantis and RSVP are all gay, all the time:)

Edited by jimnbillnpa

Generally speaking, Aquafest, Pied Piper, and other gay tour groups offer charters on larger straight cruises. They don't have enough people to fill the ship. Pied Piper's Post Thanksgiving cruise is probably the largest gay charter on a straight cruise, filling almost half the ship, depending on capacity.

This particular aquafest event is the same time and ship as the RSVP divina charter.

Do this mean there is a gay group on a gay charter? aqua fest cruises dot com /details/?sailid=30.

FYI - a charter is always contracting the whole ship; Pier Pieter, Aquafest etc do not do charters, they do gay groups on regular cruises.

Aquafest seems to be travel agent that also does group cruises, I take it from this that they are selling cabins on the RSVP charter like any other travel agent. There can be groups on RSVP cruises; bearcruises.com is one such a group that have been on a number of RSVP cruises.

Any thoughts on the cabin/category/location to pick on this ship?

The last time I had a balcony on a RSVP cruise was on the Caribbean Princess 2007. Even then it was a nice bonus, I never took advantage of it for more than a few minutes at a time. I was always running in and out of my cabin during the day and evenings, only using the cabin as a place to rest, sleep, ect. for a few hours each day/night. The only time I book balcony's now are on normal non-RSVP/Atlantis cruises. The balcony on these cruises is my outdoors escape from everyone else on the ship when I need some alone time. I've opted for an obstructive view cabin on all the Holland America RSVP Cruises. This category was perfect for me since it had the huge window to let in the natural daylight, and it wasn't much more in price than that of an inside cabin.

Since a balcony on the Divina is just a few bucks more than an outside, I will be doing a balcony on this cruise. I just need to figure out the best location and on which deck.

However, I will be passing up the Yacht Club rooms. It would just feel weird paying more for a cabin only to be isolated from others. Privacy is not something I seek on a RSVP cruise, but I'm sure others might enjoy this feature.

That's a challenge... picking a cabin on a new ship that you don't know. :(

Be aware that there are a number of balconies on Divina that has steel and not plexiglass railings. I am hoping to find info to identify those by cross referencing photos and deck plans. On HAL the steel balconies are identified with a diamond symbol (♦) on deck plans.