Would Travel Insurance helped out with this?

mnovak61

Does having travel insurance cover anything like what happened on The Triumph? They are getting their money back for the cruise and Carnival is taking care of travel back home for passengers. If they are doing all this do you even need to contact the travel insurance company if you have one? This situation is making me think a little bit harder about insurance on my next cruise but it is so confusing about what they will or will not cover as far as being reimbursed for losses. Can anyone help me out with this and clear up the whole travel insurance deal?

Does having travel insurance cover anything like what happened on The Triumph? They are getting their money back for the cruise and Carnival is taking care of travel back home for passengers. If they are doing all this do you even need to contact the travel insurance company if you have one? This situation is making me think a little bit harder about insurance on my next cruise but it is so confusing about what they will or will not cover as far as being reimbursed for losses. Can anyone help me out with this and clear up the whole travel insurance deal?

My take is that insurance is to cover a loss.

If the cruise company has reimbursed your loss in full, insurance will not reimburse you a second time. If say they reimbursed your cruise but not your hotel ....insurance might cover the hotel if it is a legit loss.

This situation is making me think a little bit harder about insurance on my next cruise but it is so confusing about what they will or will not cover as far as being reimbursed for losses.

Keep in mind you can have many other type losses that the cruise company will not cover ....including health issues, missing the cruise or lost luggage. You need insurance for all these other types of losses.

Archived