Parking in Baltimore for back to back cruises

itpd2901

My family and I are sailing out of Baltimore on Grandeur of the Seas on back to back cruises May 10-17 then 17-24. We plan on parking at the port and my question is this: will I be able to pay for both weeks parking upon my arrival at the port on May 10 or will I have to disembark on the 17th, clear customs, pay for the second week and possibly move my car to another parking area? Any help from previous back to back cruisers is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Like you I have back to back cruises booked. The last time I parked in Baltimore, they gave me a colored tag to place in the window. My assumption is that the color you are given is assigned to a specific time period that matches the cruise that you are taking. If not, you could pay for the first cruise and leave your car through the second cruise period. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you tried that, your car would be removed from the lot during the period of the second cruise. I'm real curious what you find out. I would think that they should give you two colored tags but I don't know if that is the way it would work. I know that you will have to get off the ship to get a new SeaPass card so I wouldn't think it would be any big deal to move your car if you had to.

I've been on back to backs a couple of times in the past and you get your new sea passes from guest relations that transition day, you don't have to disembark. On those cruises they also had a nice lunch in the main dining room for all the back to back cruisers in which the chef made a special meal of his choosing, not the normal off the menu lunches.

I had the same thought as you about getting two colored tags for the dash. More than anything, I don't want to have to stand in a long line at customs. I've read on this site about lines growing a lot longer lately at customs due to the sequester staff reductions.

I've been on back to backs a couple of times in the past and you get your new sea passes from guest relations that transition day, you don't have to disembark. On those cruises they also had a nice lunch in the main dining room for all the back to back cruisers in which the chef made a special meal of his choosing, not the normal off the menu lunches.

I had the same thought as you about getting two colored tags for the dash. More than anything, I don't want to have to stand in a long line at customs. I've read on this site about lines growing a lot longer lately at customs due to the sequester staff reductions.

Unfortunately that's not completely true from Baltimore. We've done 4 b2b's on enchantment. The ship has you meet at a certain location - on enchantment it was in Bolarous - at 9:45 or 10. They then walk you off the ship so that the ship has a zero passenger count. As soon as that zero count happens, the person that walks off with you will give you a new seapass card, you will have your picture taken for your new card, and walked back on as a group. We were usually in our room by 10:30 and if we had to change rooms our stuff had already been moved. Some of the times we've had to ask if we could get in our rooms other times they've taken us to our room without us asking. There was also no special lunch for the ones that have done the b2b. We've been in groups of 5 and as large as about 15. Everyone was free to go to Park Café or Windjammer at 11:30 when they opened just like everyone else that was just boarding. Our advantage was we were already on ship and could be first in line - easier to get a table.

Unfortunately that's not completely true from Baltimore. We've done 4 b2b's on enchantment. The ship has you meet at a certain location - on enchantment it was in Bolarous - at 9:45 or 10. They then walk you off the ship so that the ship has a zero passenger count. As soon as that zero count happens, the person that walks off with you will give you a new seapass card, you will have your picture taken for your new card, and walked back on as a group. We were usually in our room by 10:30 and if we had to change rooms our stuff had already been moved. Some of the times we've had to ask if we could get in our rooms other times they've taken us to our room without us asking. There was also no special lunch for the ones that have done the b2b. We've been in groups of 5 and as large as about 15. Everyone was free to go to Park Café or Windjammer at 11:30 when they opened just like everyone else that was just boarding. Our advantage was we were already on ship and could be first in line - easier to get a table.

Fortunately for us, we are so close to the Baltimore Pier, that we are always able to have family drop us off for our cruises on the PRIDE.

I would not know about the parking requirements with the cruise lines.

I do know that many nearby hotels offer free shuttle services, and you can leave your car at the hotel lot for the duration of your cruise. I would recommend hotels near the airport, as they have the nicest transportation vehicles, and they are close to a few restaurants that offer the best crab cakes around:D

Fortunately for us, we are so close to the Baltimore Pier, that we are always able to have family drop us off for our cruises on the PRIDE.

I would not know about the parking requirements with the cruise lines.

I do know that many nearby hotels offer free shuttle services, and you can leave your car at the hotel lot for the duration of your cruise. I would recommend hotels near the airport, as they have the nicest transportation vehicles, and they are close to a few restaurants that offer the best crab cakes around:D

Being from Canada, I do not know the area. We are thinking of driving down. Can you give me some names of hotels near the Baltimore Pier?

Archived