Finally...a price drop!!

hayesktrm

I check every few days and have found a couple for my DS and GF's cabin (booked under past guest) for a total of about $40. Our early saver fare for myself, DH and DD hasn't changed a bit, until this morning!! Fare viewer isn't working for me, but I went in and did a mock booking and it went down by $40. I'll take what I can get. I did a screen shot and sent it to my PVP in case she's too busy to take care of it for a few days.

That will pay for gratuities for one day for the 3 of us...yea!

I check every few days and have found a couple for my DS and GF's cabin (booked under past guest) for a total of about $40. Our early saver fare for myself, DH and DD hasn't changed a bit, until this morning!! Fare viewer isn't working for me, but I went in and did a mock booking and it went down by $40. I'll take what I can get. I did a screen shot and sent it to my PVP in case she's too busy to take care of it for a few days.

Great feeling isn't it? The first time I booked ES, did nothing but watch the rates go up and up - never did come down. This cruise I thought the same was going to happen. Then about a month before sailing I saw for the first time a rate lower than we paid. Submitted the form and got it the next morning. I was thrilled but decided to check again thinking just in case. Couldn't believe it - yet another price drop. Had one more price drop (the big one) the following week - 3 weeks before sailing. All said and done we got $420 OBC. So keep checking - especially after final payment date.

You do know you are supposed to submit your price drops through the form on the Carnival website? I'm not sure this is something your PVP is going to take care of for you.

Rather than wait I would submit it ASAP......

I love price drops & normally check twice a day. This time I missed ES & booked PG, but still checked fares occasionally out of habit. Of course I checked during this past 3 day sale out of curiosity & did notice a drop. Well it wasn't until a few days later when I checked again that I remembered everyone is entitled to price adjustment before final payment, :eek: DUH!! Luckily there was a $40 drop. Then a couple of nights later someone posted about "more the merrier" & there was another $40 drop. Final payment is due this Thursday & I've been checking hourly with no luck, but I'm happy for the $80 that I did get.

just curious if anyone has ever gotten a price drop or upgrade for the 7 day cruises out of NOLA or Galveston? Seems like they always sell full?

For two cabins, we're getting about $500 in OBC from price drops for an upcoming cruise out of NOLA. That's in addition to the $360 that came off before final payment, as well as upgrade from 4J to 8C on one of the cabins. It does happen!

Congratulations!

I booked our upcoming cruise more than a year ago and didn't see a price drop until last week, but it was a bit one! I now have $510 in OBC. Wish the fareviewer were working--makes it much easier to check.

If there aren't any cabins in my price category then I won't see a price drop right? Neither my balcony 8A or our interiors 4D on Upper deck are available from what I can tell and the fare viewer is down!

You can price match against categories higher than yours. So if an 8B drops below the price you paid for your 8A, you can take advantage. :D

We cruise in October and have not seen a single drop - in fact, the fares have gone up over $100. Of course, Fare Viewer is not working for me today. Last time I checked my category was gone. Is there anyway to get a price drop if your category is gone? If a higher category is lower can I apply for that? If so, please remind me which way the #'s and letters go. I feel really stupid but I cannot remember. I have an 8B balcony. Thanks.

You can price match against categories higher than yours. So if an 8B drops below the price you paid for your 8A, you can take advantage. :D

My PVP told me the same thing but we have 2 balconies and 4 interiors across from us as we are all one big happy family! :)

We cruise in October and have not seen a single drop - in fact, the fares have gone up over $100. Of course, Fare Viewer is not working for me today. Last time I checked my category was gone. Is there anyway to get a price drop if your category is gone? If a higher category is lower can I apply for that? If so, please remind me which way the #'s and letters go. I feel really stupid but I cannot remember. I have an 8B balcony. Thanks.

I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. :)

I've been manually checking our rates (and finally got $220 off our European cruise in June with the kids thanks to ES booking). I'm wondering if I'm doing this the hard way--when you say "Fare Viewer", about what are you speaking? I've been going onto the website and trying to enter a cruise like mine to see what it comes up--is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Eager to Learn :-)

I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. :)

I've been manually checking our rates (and finally got $220 off our European cruise in June with the kids thanks to ES booking). I'm wondering if I'm doing this the hard way--when you say "Fare Viewer", about what are you speaking? I've been going onto the website and trying to enter a cruise like mine to see what it comes up--is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Eager to Learn :-)

Here is the link.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Of course, it was not working today for me. But, it is a lot easier than trying to do a mock booking.

I got TWO price drops. Now mind you, we just booked this cruise 6 days ago, and we cruise in April. Booked the More The Merrier rate. Was within final payment window. Imagine my EXCITEMENT, when I checked the fares the next day and they dropped $25pp ($75 OBC), and then even MORE excitement, the very NEXT DAY, another $20pp.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I should have KNOWN with everything going on with the Triumph this would happen, and should have held off. Live and learn. :mad::mad::mad: And yup, I just keep checking everyday so I can keep getting more upset. lol I am a glutten for punishment.

Archived