Muster Drill on multiple embarkations

robinbird62

Yes. You must attend each mandatory safety drill even if you do a back-to-back sailing or sailed recently. NCL does it faster than some other cruise lines and relatively painless.

Thanks for that - When we did our B2B in Caribbean we did both drills but have never done a cruise where there is more than one embarkation in a week. We will definately attend as I see them as being very important espcially following recent incidents.:)

When we were on RCI Oasis b2b we had to do both maybe different cruise lines work differently but after costa incident they msy tighten up.

Our last b2b was in October on the Dawn (so after the Concordia) and we only had to attend the drill once.

I disagree.

We've done 2 b2bs and have only had to attend one drill. We were told that if we had the same cabin for both legs, we only have to attend once.

When we were on RCI Oasis b2b we had to do both maybe different cruise lines work differently but after costa incident they msy tighten up.

I am sailing on the western med cruise in May and it seems that we sail from Barcelona and then across to Naples followed by Rome where passengers get off and new ones get on - does that mean we have 2 drills?:confused::confused:

The OP is not doing a back-to-back cruise. There are two different embarkation points. You WILL NOT be attending a second muster in Civitavecchia. You will attend the one when you embark in Barcelona.

I am sailing on the western med cruise in May and it seems that we sail from Barcelona and then across to Naples followed by Rome where passengers get off and new ones get on - does that mean we have 2 drills?:confused::confused:

I would think that once you have done your muster drill, you won't have to do another until the same port you embarked if you happen to do a back-to back.

We did the Western Med last August, setting sail from Barcelona and we definitely didn't do 2 drills!! All passengers have a drill before the ship sets sail from whichever port they have embarked at. The Epic now has 3 embarkation points, Barcelona, Rome and Marseille, but you will only muster before you leave Barcelona.

Have a fantastic cruise.......we loved it! :)

If it works like Princess did a few years ago, you will have your drill just before or right after sailing and that will be it.What the other passengers with they embark I have no idea..

You will only require to muster once, at Barcelona. Your cruise has more than one embarkation port, and those who embark in Rome will muster there.

This arrangement must be a nightmare for crew, as they will not know who the "new arrivals" are in either Barcelona or Rome to encourage/kick them along to muster!! With one embarkation port, the crew know that every passenger they see on the upper decks has to go to muster!

The muster drill requirement has really been ramped up on all cruiselines since the Concordia disaster.

Archived