What was your favorite room service item?

good point about ordering the milk-- but also for ordering coffee--make sure you state creamers, sugars etc etc.

when ordering sandwhices specify chips or pretzels or you will get pretzels.

as for the cooked breakfast that has never been offered through carnival--even by writing it in on the menu.

It's funny, one time we specified chips and they gave us pretzles. We thought they ran out of chips.

As for the cooked breakfast, I had heard other people had successfully done it so I gave it a try...oh well. Maybe I was a little harsh on the thumbs down...

On Cozumel night, we saw room service with a cart loaded with the following:

Chicken tenders

a huge bag of chips

pitchers of lemonade

pitchers of water

sounds like someone had the munchies...

(and they brough pitchers to the room when we were told that there weren't allowed)

It's funny, one time we specified chips and they gave us pretzles. We thought they ran out of chips.

As for the cooked breakfast, I had heard other people had successfully done it so I gave it a try...oh well. Maybe I was a little harsh on the thumbs down...

Chicken tenders

a huge bag of chips

pitchers of lemonade

pitchers of water

(and they brough pitchers to the room when we were told that there weren't allowed)

Hey Dennis, sometimes you can preplan a little party through Carnival, and they will bring all of that to your cabin, so they may have had something pre-arranged??? Typically you can't get the hot stuff, but I've heard that for the right price, you can ;)

I chalked it up as beligerent drunks harassed the room service folks so they just caved in and brought it to their stateroom. This was on deck 6 or 7 so there were no meeting rooms or lounges around.

BROWNIES. I also ordered tons of milk so I could make my Kahlua and creme. I would put it in my insulated water bottle and head up to the pool. I sound like a lush don't I? Well vacation is one of the few times I can let loose.

I love the Focaccia Sandwich with grilled Zucchini and fresh Mozzarela - I hate mushrooms so I through those out - in the garbage, not over the balcony :).

At night on the balcony DH and I enjoy cookies and brownies with real hot chocolate - we order chocolate milk and ask them to warm it up. I hate instant hot chocolate!

[sNIP]

Chicken tenders

a huge bag of chips

pitchers of lemonade

pitchers of water

Hey phlydude, if you were in the vicinity of Camp Carnival, that may have been the destination for the cart of goodies. I know they served snacks to my two DDs each night in Camp. If you weren't near CC, then any of the other answers may apply!

I noticed on one of the room service menus that there is SODAs on there. Does that mean that you can get a Coke in your room for no charge??? Just would like to know and if you don't know what I am talking about SERENE56 has a picture on this post of the menu. Thanks for any input.:)

you guys are NOT helping me with my case of PCD. :(

shrimp salad sandwiches (though order atleast 2, they're TINY, as in maybe 4"-5" and skinny, like 2" wide), fresh veggies with blue cheese dip, chocolate chip cookies (that come on the brownie & cookie tray).

***WORD OF CAUTION...SMELL YOUR MILK, even if the date says it's OK. DH took a BIG GULP of one of his cartons, after looking at the date (which said it should have been fine), and it was BAAAAAAD. we ordered 4 that night (2 for each of us) and 2 of the 4 were spoiled, though the dates were fine. I chalked it up to the cartons being chilled and set out for the breakfast buffet, were they more than likely got warm, and put back in the cooler. no harm done, but BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT, LOL.***

I noticed on one of the room service menus that there is SODAs on there. Does that mean that you can get a Coke in your room for no charge??? Just would like to know and if you don't know what I am talking about SERENE56 has a picture on this post of the menu. Thanks for any input.:)

you'll be charged for it. even though there are many items listed on the menu, all of the same items you're charged for on deck, you'll be charged for in your room.

okie- if you look at the soda menu it is listed under the bar.. and it does state... Bar menu at Bar prices. Soda can be ordered through room service. Just not with your soda card. Same thing will be on your dining room menu but it will list that there will be a charge.

Bummer...I was just dreaming I guess. It would've been nice to have a free soda. We have never ordered room service but with all that the posters have said I think we will this time! Only 178 day until we sail.:)

We just got back from the Destiny and I have always loved BLTs in the morning. However, I was told that they didn't serve sandwiches until 11am and all I could get from the room service menu at 8:30am was a continental breakfast. Bummer!!!!

I never ordered room service on a cruise and it sounds like I really missed something. Those cookies/brownies, the bagel/lox, BLT would have been nice at times. Friends always got coffee in the AM and it worked like a wake-up call but I never knew what time I would be up to order the night before. Can you just call in the morning and wait for it? How long does the delivery take at other times of day?

I never ordered room service on a cruise and it sounds like I really missed something. Those cookies/brownies, the bagel/lox, BLT would have been nice at times. Friends always got coffee in the AM and it worked like a wake-up call but I never knew what time I would be up to order the night before. Can you just call in the morning and wait for it? How long does the delivery take at other times of day?

I'm just off the Valor a few weeks ago, and most of the time it was about 10-15 minutes to wait. BUT, on port days, when it gets to be about time for the ship to pull out of port, everyone is tired and hungry from their busy day and wanting a bite to hold them over until dinner, ASK FIRST before you order, about the wait. A few times I asked after instances like that and they said 45-50 minute wait.

Archived