The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Assuming we can buy the package on Day 2 and drink our wine on the first night, hubby and I are gonna give it a try. I checked back through our receipts for the last couple of cruises and we average about 5 purchased drinks each per day, which that in itself almost pays for the daily price of $42.50 for the 5 night cruise. The one thing we dislike is the inconvenience of having to go to the cabin to make a drink with the Bon Voyage liquor.... so we figure this time, why not!

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Conquest Cruise on Jan 18, 2015. This cruise does not depart from FLL until 9pm as it is coming from Miami. Does anyone know if we will be allowed to purchase the Cheers package on the next day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the same sailing and was wondering the same thing. If we are allowed to purchase the cheers program the following day exactly how many days are we going to be charged? We leave at 9pm on Sunday and disembark on Saturday at 8pm. Thoughts?

I am on the same sailing and was wondering the same thing. If we are allowed to purchase the cheers program the following day exactly how many days are we going to be charged? We leave at 9pm on Sunday and disembark on Saturday at 8pm. Thoughts?

Kansas Girl, we actually disembark on Saturday at 8AM not 8PM. I got excited when I read your post so I double checked.

Thinking about doing the 12 night repo cruise but would like to know what the cost per person is likely to be! Anyone know?

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

Thinking about doing the 12 night repo cruise but would like to know what the cost per person is likely to be! Anyone know?

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

$37.50 per person/per day. That's $US900 for 2 for the cruise. It's possible it costs more that the cruise itself!

You're better off doing Bon Voyage liquor. Or smuggle.

$37.50 per person/per day. That's $US900 for 2 for the cruise. It's possible it costs more that the cruise itself!

You're better off doing Bon Voyage liquor. Or smuggle.

For 7/8 night sailings it's $37.50 but for longer cruises it's priced on a "cruise specific basis".......whatever that means! No one at Carnival can give me the actual cost for the Cheers package on the Freedom Repo cruise. This is a deal breaker for us. The cost of the cruise is really good but if they are gonna price the Cheers package at a silly price, it's a no go! Don't want to pay more for Cheers than the cost of the cruise!

We were ardent smugglers until they brought in the Cheers package but now we'd rather pay upfront rather than going through the trauma of trying to get our booze onboard!

I've read through the Repo roll call but there's no information there.

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

We are just back from the Valor last Sat.

Price was $43.13 per day per person including gratuities.

We did purchased it on day 2 so we paid for 6 day's

Total was $517. for 2 people

We are not heavy drinkers but still loved the package

Match play is definitely included with cheers.

Soda was definitely poured in a glass except 2 times

I don't drink beer so no answer on the unopened bottles.

If I have a wine package in addition to the Cheers program, is the wine counted towards my 15 limit? Has anyone been cut off? Can you opt to purchase the drink before you hit your 15 limit, thus avoiding the cut off? Thank you

No - any wine purchased while on the program that is not by the glass and

$10 or under is NOT included in the 15.

-Buzz

For 7/8 night sailings it's $37.50 but for longer cruises it's priced on a "cruise specific basis".......whatever that means! No one at Carnival can give me the actual cost for the Cheers package on the Freedom Repo cruise. This is a deal breaker for us. The cost of the cruise is really good but if they are gonna price the Cheers package at a silly price, it's a no go! Don't want to pay more for Cheers than the cost of the cruise!

We were ardent smugglers until they brought in the Cheers package but now we'd rather pay upfront rather than going through the trauma of trying to get our booze onboard!

I've read through the Repo roll call but there's no information there.

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

Carnival removed that phrase and changed 7 and 8 day pricing to just '7 days and longer' when they 'improved' the pricing structure. No telling how long that will last. :rolleyes:

Going on the conquest nov 9.....I was trying to figure out how to save $ and came up with this idea.....we have $50 on board credit....can this be used toward cheers? Also can get $500 Verizon cruise cash for $450......purchase cheers on day 2, the 2 allowed bottles of wine...

Going on the conquest nov 9.....I was trying to figure out how to save $ and came up with this idea.....we have $50 on board credit....can this be used toward cheers? Also can get $500 Verizon cruise cash for $450......purchase cheers on day 2, the 2 allowed bottles of wine...

Yes, you can use the 50 OBC towards Cheers or your tips or anything that you spend on board the ship. Remember, if you're getting on board around noon time on embarkation day, you're only missing out on 3 hours of possible drinking on the Cheers program. You still have over 12 hours of drinking time, so it's a shame to not get Cheers right away, unless you're planning on consuming those 2 bottles of wine on day 1 instead of stretching them over multiple days over dinner. It's real easy to start drinking heavily on day 1 because of the excitement of your vacation and it's a shame to have to scale things back because you decided to wait until day two to purchase Cheers, JMHO.

Here is a question, I am not sure it's been asked before. I am thinking about getting the cheers package for my next cruise. I don't drink but I do like the virgin drinks like sex on the beach without vodka, peach schnapps os really its just Cranberry and orange juice. Can I get that with the cheers package. I am ok with it being counted toward my 15 drinks a day.

Kansas Girl, we actually disembark on Saturday at 8AM not 8PM. I got excited when I read your post so I double checked.

Sorry about that. I knew it was 8am. Apparently my phone has a mind of its own. I will proofread next time. :)

Here is a question, I am not sure it's been asked before. I am thinking about getting the cheers package for my next cruise. I don't drink but I do like the virgin drinks like sex on the beach without vodka, peach schnapps os really its just Cranberry and orange juice. Can I get that with the cheers package. I am ok with it being counted toward my 15 drinks a day.

You might want to check the prices on the virgin drinks - unless you drink ALOT of them the money you spend on Cheers might be wasted.:eek::eek:

My DH and I purchased Cheers for the first time this cruise, and for the most part we were happy with it.

We never had any trouble with one of us taking 2 cards up to a bar and getting 2 drinks.

The regular drinks were tiny !! ( gin & tonic , 7 &7 ) we ended up drinking a lot of the $8.95 specials just cause they were a decent size !

Never has ANY problems with bartenders attitude and Cheers program.

I'm torn as to whether we will get it our next Carnival cruise - it was nice drinking pretty much anything we wanted, but we definitely drank quite a few drinks just because we could, not because we really wanted them. Human nature being what it is, I'm sure most people are the same.

We had $200 in OBC from the gift certificate promotion, so I convinced myself that the Cheers program REALLY only cost us $400 and change :). Not quite sure that is rational thinking lol.

Oh well - I have a year to decide ( maybe they'll do the certificate thing again :) )

Jane

Edited by FirstAlto