BVE Fort Lauderdale

Princeton79

I am looking for some information on the BVE, please? Saturday April 13 on CB

Possibility of in-laws(who have never cruised) doing this.......

1: Does Princess do that out of FLL?

2: Priority Embarkation? How Early?

3: Cost?

4: What does it include?

5: What else should I know?

Thanks!

Chad

link does not appear to be working, but thanks anyway!

i may dig deeper for info....usually everyone has lots of info/insight.

so, thought i would ask first....

I found this thread by doing a quick search:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784340&highlight=bve

Perhaps it will help.

I am looking for some information on the BVE, please? Saturday April 13 on CB

Possibility of in-laws(who have never cruised) doing this.......

1: Does Princess do that out of FLL?

Yes, not every voyage but most. Here's a link to the list of dates:

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

2: Priority Embarkation? How Early?

Yes, those doing the BVE board first. It seems from reports that usually happens around 11 - 11.30, depending upon delays.

3: Cost?

$39 per person, which can all be applied to the cost of a cruise, if the booking is done within a given time frame (I think it's six months, but not sure).

4: What does it include?

Sit-down lunch in the dining room w/a glass of wine, and a guided tour of the public spaces of the ship. Both are optional, if you want to test out the buffet instead or wander on your own.

5: What else should I know?

You have to register online as though you were taking a cruise, with a credit card for "incidentals," which means you can also order drinks at the bars. You're free to use any of the amenities onboard; you just have to make sure to get off!

You can also purchase a Future Cruise Deposit, which is putting down $100 which you can use as a deposit on your next cruise (you have two years, extendable to four, to cruise) -- that also comes with some onboard credit on the cruise you book, the amount of which is dependent upon the cabin type you book and the length of the cruise. These FCDs can be purchased from the Future Cruise Consultant -- if they're not at their desk, there are always blank forms available nearby.

Thanks!

Chad

I don't think the link that was posted actually answered any of your questions, so here you go. See above.

(rdsgrl -- 4: What does it include?

Sit-down lunch in the dining room w/a glass of wine, and a guided tour of the public spaces of the ship. Both are optional, if you want to test out the buffet instead or wander on your own. )

It also includes a welcome aboard picture.

(rdsgrl -- 4: What does it include?

Sit-down lunch in the dining room w/a glass of wine, and a guided tour of the public spaces of the ship. Both are optional, if you want to test out the buffet instead or wander on your own. )

It also includes a welcome aboard picture.

Just have to say that this did not work on Star last Fall. Our guest was upset when she left the ship without her photo. We went to the photo desk and inquired about this. They said they had a "problem" and gave us an 8x10. Our BVE guest lives in the same town as we do so it was easy to get her photo to her. Otherwise, that could be a bigger issue. We were very disappointed overall, but we all loved the BVE!

Bon Voyage Experience (and you have 90 days in which to book a cruise to apply the credit)

I had my sister and niece on the CB for the BVE when we flew out of NY and into Hurricane Sandy! LOL

They gave us two pictures :)

I did the BVE in the fall in NY on the Caribbean Princess with my DH and mother. I was trying to get her to book a cruise and this sealed the deal. I actually think it was the tiramisu at the International Cafe that did it. We also received 2 8x10 photos (same photo, different graphics). In my opinion it is well worth the $39 alone, but then if you book you apply that to your next cruise so it is free essentially. I believe you have to call Princess to book it, can not do it online, but once booked it does show up in your cruise personalizer.

Dana

Archived