Equinox - Not up to standards expected?

jgsmfh73

Just for the record, any of the things that happened on Celebrity Equinox could have happened on any ship and on any line. RC is not and will not every be perfect, but either will any other cruise line.

I'm amazed at the number of people that get off and on a ship every couple of days/weeks. No easy task.

Most people have a preference of cruise lines. I've heard some nasty things about RC also, as well as every other cruise line. How many people will continue to travel Carnival after the fire? I bet they'll still have cruisers because what happened is not the norm and some folks just love Carnival. Of course what happened on the Canival ship is a lot worse than spilled wine, but it wasn't the norm. I'm not taking anything away from all of those folks that had their vacation ruined.

Things happen. I hope you continue to enjoy your travels and hopefully keep an open mind. Sorry if you may feel picked on, but you opened yourself up with your broad rant about one ship and one half of your vacation on that same ship.

Jeanne & Bob

Last time I was on an RCI cruise, it happened to be the Radiance during her plumbing issues. We had sewer smell in the bathroom, brown water (yes, dark brown and I only hope it was rust or chemicals), toilets regularly not working, and our traveling partners had toilets backing up into their room. I'd take the problems the OP pointed out to that anytime! But seriously, I know this was an anomoly and it would not stop me from cruising RCI again (the smoking on the balcony situation might, but not this one bad experience). I expect Radiance is generally a very nice ship to cruise on, as is the Equinox. When one joins the boards with posts such as how this one started, one can only expect some pushback. Everyone is free to complain, but when talking about an overall cruise, there is alot more credibility to posts that talk about both the good and the bad. Perhaps there was more to deal with than the OP originally presented (post-noro cruise and all), but the way the post was written it made the person sound very difficult and hard to please.

Archived