Ever Sail Triumph Again?...Yes We Would!

rjackieb

I've only sailed Triumph once and would go again. Why not sail on the Triumph or any other Carnival ship again. Most airlines and train have crashed at one time or another. I Haven't stop riding on them. I would rather loose a engine on a ship then 35,000 ft.

I spoke to my PVP this morning about the credit for my future cruise certificate for my upcoming cruise on the Legend. We talked about the whole Triumph ordeal as I have sailed twice on the Triumph and loved it. He said damage was done to the control panel and it could have been a quick fix for that but that they are going to replace/redo lots of stuff on the Triumph and it will be like brand new when she sails again. He compared it to the Destiny/Sunshine, although I doubt they'll be doing the multi-level Serenity area or anything. I just told him that we loved the Triumph and the service we have gotten from Carnival and I was disgusted by some of the comments I've read and the way the media covered the story. He also told me that Carnival was taking good care of the crew and that a big problem is that they live ON THE SHIP. Most do not have a local residence in Galveston or Miami, etc. that they can go to while the ship is out of commission. So they have to find accommodations for them in the meantime. This whole incident has made me want to show even more appreciation to the crew on my upcoming cruise. We always do the prepaid gratuities and give extra to those who have treated us well. But the Triumph incident has made me want to go out of my way to be kind any crew member I come in contact with and not be impatient if I have to wait for anything or there are other mishaps.

We were on the Jan. 28th cruise where there were already problems and we missed Cozumel. Did it bother us enough to not sail her again? Absolutely not. In fact we booked for next Jan. while on the ship. When I heard about the fire, it concerned me mainly for passengers and crew. But I have had so many people tell me we are crazy not to cancel. If nothing else, she should be in better shape than almost all the other ships out there when they get through with her.

We're booked May 2 for our third Triumph cruise. If she's sailing, so are we. Can't wait.

We are also sailing Triumph in May. On May 20th. I cannot wait for your review, as you should be some of the first guests on her after she is all spruced up.

: )

Archived