Carafe Wine VOS

Kiwiaus

Can anyone give some feedback on the quality of the $10 carafe wines on VOS. I understand you get a 500ml carafe and it is a Wolf Blass white wine blend or red wine blend. Also where on the ship can you buy the carafes and can they be consumed in the MDR. Just asking as they seem to be by far the most cost effective wine option.

Can anyone give some feedback on the quality of the $10 carafe wines on VOS. I understand you get a 500ml carafe and it is a Wolf Blass white wine blend or red wine blend. Also where on the ship can you buy the carafes and can they be consumed in the MDR. Just asking as they seem to be by far the most cost effective wine option.

You could buy them at the windjammers, then people drank them out on deck, also i saw them at the pig & whistle pub. Didnt try any myself though, they had a red & a sauv blanc.

No doubt the wine carafes are filled from the 30 litre casks, like they have in the pubs and clubs here. If it is Wolf Blass it should be drinkable. They were serving Californian wine in the carafes, but no doubt have exhausted their stock of that, with all those plonk drinking Aussies on board, LOL. I hope Celebrity Solstice has the 'giraffes', will do this little black duck and duckess, LOL.

Gidday.

DH and I purchased the carafe wine at the Scoreboard bar. I understand it is available in most of the bars and, one night, we were running late for dinner, so the bar staff in the Majic Flute kindly got a half carafe for us (you get 500ml for $10USD) and it just went on our cruise card like any other drink we would order in the restaurant.

We found both the red and the white to be very much middle of the road wine. Not dry and very palatable.

Both wines were blends, can't remember what, but I do recall looking at the blend on a piece of advertising on board and wondering how you could get something that nice from so many different varieties.

We largely ordered the half carafe as it ws convienient, inexpensive and we just didn't want to risk spending $30USD (also, add at least 20% for the NZ exchange rate) on a Californian wine we didn't like.

Give them a go, I found out about the half carafes on CC.

I hope you have a lovely cruise.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

Had the same Carafe's on Rhapsody and available from all bars. People were even taking them to the production shows. Wine is Wolf Blass but don't remember which colour/class. If you are C&A members there will be discount vouchers for it as well such 2 for 1 etc.:D

Had the same Carafe's on Rhapsody and available from all bars. People were even taking them to the production shows. Wine is Wolf Blass but don't remember which colour/class. If you are C&A members there will be discount vouchers for it as well such 2 for 1 etc.:D

Wolf Blass make a good blended Shiraz/Cabernet/Merlot in bulk from their Red Label stocks, perhaps that is the red in the 'giraffes.' ? Their Semillion Sauvignon Blanc in bulk is also nice. I also like their Eaglehawk range @ $7 bottle, cheapie but nice.

One would assume Royal Carib and Celebrity, being the one parent company have the same wine supplier downunder.

Had the Wolf Blass white on Rhapsody last month and we thought it was quite okay. My wife is quite fussy about her white wine but seemed happy to chuck that one down at $10 for 500ml!

Thanks mate, the more you drink the more you save at $10 a giraffe on the ships. LOL.

Do me (and her.)

• 4 months later...

Archived