Maho Beach / Airport question

kre8ivejen

We are going to be in St. Maarten for the day (8-5) on tuesday, 2/26. We have an excursion booked for snuba until 12:45... My boyfriend really wants to go to see the whole airport thing! I have seen people talking about seeing the 'schedule' for the day they will be in port and such and I am curious where we should look for this to see if there will be anything in the afternoon?!

I am sorry i am clueless, but is this something that we would take a taxi to and is it something that would be do-able in between the 1 and 5pm time frame?! Thank you very much for your help!!! :)

Yes doable by taxi, but note if there are a lot of ships in port, it can take up to an hour to get back due to the very sloooooowww traffic.

Maybe you can find out where you will do Snuba and get a taxi from there instead of wasting time back to the ship then across the island again to Maho.

Love that beach. OK, and the planes.

Yes doable by taxi, but note if there are a lot of ships in port, it can take up to an hour to get back due to the very sloooooowww traffic.

Maybe you can find out where you will do Snuba and get a taxi from there instead of wasting time back to the ship then across the island again to Maho.

i know there is a way... but i am soooo clueless... do you know, how do i find out how many ships will be in port that day?! Thank you for your help! :) (and it doesn't say where we will be snuba'ing but that we can stay in the city and take a short water taxi or leisurely walk back to the ship...)

Thanx again for the info! :)

I would never leave Maho an hour before I needed to be back on board even if there was only one ship in port. This route can be brutal for traffic and don't forget during high season (Dec-April) there is a scheduled bridge opening at 4:30 at the Simpson Bay Lagoon. Being delayed 30 minutes is not uncommon during bridge openings.

i know there is a way... but i am soooo clueless... do you know, how do i find out how many ships will be in port that day?! Thank you for your help! :) (and it doesn't say where we will be snuba'ing but that we can stay in the city and take a short water taxi or leisurely walk back to the ship...)

Thanx again for the info! :)

Try cruisetimetables.com or cruisette.com for ships in port info. The jumbo jets, afaik, arrive mostly in the afternoon 1-2pm, at Maho. It is a sight to see the plane literally just feet above the heads of onlookers!

Archived