Coincidence??? Another reason to be LOYAL TO ROYAL!!!

I have heard this about RC...the food is declining...guess I will find out next weekend how these new menu's are but to be honest, if I am not cooking or cleaning, I could care less about the food! If it's edible, it's good to me!

Oh, I agree. I think there is something to satisfy everyone on board. I am not personally as laid back about food, but the specialty restaurants are great for me. But, I was quite surprised a few years ago when I was on a much older Carnival ship, that the food was superior to what I had even on the newer RCI counterparts.

Um, no. Not quite the same. I admitted that the title of my thread was poorly chosen. But the zealotry in the reactions was what I found so absurd.

The OP here had a similarly poorly chosen title to a rather benign post about a faceless organization rather than a specific human being. It would appear from the subsequent responses that those who oppose "Loyalists" or "Cheerleaders" are equally, if not more, zealous.

You made what you intended to be a light-hearted post about a picture of a specific individual and take offense that others thought it was in poor taste. Now you turn around and critique someone for doing the same about a faceless company? :confused:

Um, no. Not quite the same. I admitted that the title of my thread was poorly chosen. But the zealotry in the reactions was what I found so absurd.

I wasn't trying to say Carnival sucked by any means! Having never sailed Carnival I know that would not be a fair statement for me to make...I saw something, it made me chuckle and I posted it.

I have sailed 2 cruise lines....we have never considered another line bc we have always been satisfied with what we have done, not to say we never would check out something other then Royal but for us, if it ain't broke...we have also done many land trips that we like as well...which is why we are laying off the ships for a few years and doing some land trips after this years cruise!

That's all....wasn't trying to start a CC fight or what not...;)

I wasn't trying to say Carnival sucked by any means! Having never sailed Carnival I know that would not be a fair statement for me to make...I saw something, it made me chuckle and I posted it.

That's all....wasn't trying to start a CC fight or what not...;)

You may not have intentionally tried to start a CC fight but in light of the recent events what this board does NOT need is another "my line is better than your line" thread, especially when you've never stepped foot on a Carnival ship!!

...I saw something, it made me chuckle and I posted it.

I thought it was funny. I am "loyal to Royal" after cruising Carnival, Princess, and NCL. I like Royal Caribbean because of many things, starting with the ships and continuing through their industry leading Loyalty Program. I liked the others too, but I like RCCL best. So what?

But I thought your bit of Irony was funny. Looks like a lot of people have their underwear on a bid too tight. it was obviously just a joke. Get a grip. No one died, no one even got injured. So lighten up.

Princess5750... don't take it personally. Most of us do have a sense of humor. Life is full of ironies. That's what makes it fun.

As Jimmy Buffett says "....if we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."

I thought it was funny. I am "loyal to Royal" after cruising Carnival, Princess, and NCL. I like Royal Caribbean because of many things, starting with the ships and continuing through their industry leading Loyalty Program. I liked the others too, but I like RCCL best. So what?

But I thought your bit of Irony was funny. Looks like a lot of people have their underwear on a bid too tight. it was obviously just a joke. Get a grip. No one died, no one even got injured. So lighten up.

Princess5750... don't take it personally. Most of us do have a sense of humor. Life is full of ironies. That's what makes it fun.

As Jimmy Buffett says "....if we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."

Tough crowd today. Jeez. I also though it was an interesting piece of info. Probably not completely relevant to Carnival's current situation, but it was clearly an attempt at humor by the OP.

I guess this board needs another thread on balcony smoking or jeans in the MDR thread for everyone to get their nasty out on.

I logged into my favourite price monitoring website and noticed that the most recent price drops were on a Aug sailing of the Triumph.

I'm thinking it might be a great time to sail Carnival again -you KNOW that ship will be gone through with a fine tooth comb :)

:) It is definitely a tough crowd! I have some pretty thick skin, so I should be ok...lol...but thanks for the support!

CC amazes me sometimes...

There are days the conversations just really flow and I find lots of useful info...then there are days where someone might ask yet another alcohol pkg question and get just blasted for it! I admit, I have been one who might have asked a question that might just have been asked a day or two ago but when I see those situations, I just don't reply. I see it, don't feel the need for me to be snarky and move on....this feels alot like why I deleted my FB account!!!! hahahahaaha

Here is a report (starts about 11 minutes in or so, after the NBA/Galleria story) from someone who said he was on the ship and that the "reports" we are hearing are from people on the ship and media are not true.

Like Matt Patrick says, I don't know the validity of what this man is saying; however, it is interesting :rolleyes:

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/mattpatrick.html?article=10835357

no one can laugh a little this morning! DH and I had a chuckle when we read this...poor Carnival has had a list of things go wrong and then to find out the connection to the Titanic...

Sorry that everyone here wasn't looking for a little irony today! ;)

Well it was the Germans that sank the Britanica, so blame them.

although it was almost 100 years ago.

I really didn't get your point, I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything.

It is an interesting historical note, I guess I just didn't see the relevance.

Here is a report (starts about 11 minutes in or so, after the NBA/Galleria story) from someone who said he was on the ship and that the "reports" we are hearing are from people on the ship and media are not true.

Like Matt Patrick says, I don't know the validity of what this man is saying; however, it is interesting :rolleyes:

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/mattpatrick.html?article=10835357

Glad to ehar Matt Patrick is still on the radio. We miss him here in Akron where he was the morning man at WKDD for over 30 years.

I thought the same thing. I have done 2 Carnival, 2 Royal, Celebrity is coming up & Viking 2014 River cruise!!

I enjoyed Carnival & also Royal.

Betty

lol I have to say I needed to re-read the original post to get exactly what the OP was trying to say. My first thought was 'I need to be loyal to Royal because Cunard uses the term 'White Star Service' to describe their level of service?' :p

Well only a few more months and I'll get to see how Royal is for myself.

ok, I've read the replies to my question about what carnival has that you wish Royal had. So far, I see nothing. I like the food on Royal, including the pizza. Food is so subjective I don't think that can be compared. I have seen great comedians on Royal, and enjoy the shows greatly. I have no intention of degrading carnival, I was just surprised to see that someone would find Royal lacking in anything when compared with carnival, especially with the Oasis class ships that Royal has. I guess the only thing I can think of that carnival cruisers would miss on Royal is the water slide.

ok, I've read the replies to my question about what carnival has that you wish Royal had. So far, I see nothing. I like the food on Royal, including the pizza. Food is so subjective I don't think that can be compared. I have seen great comedians on Royal, and enjoy the shows greatly. I have no intention of degrading carnival, I was just surprised to see that someone would find Royal lacking in anything when compared with carnival, especially with the Oasis class ships that Royal has. I guess the only thing I can think of that carnival cruisers would miss on Royal is the water slide.

Here are a few examples, my opinion only of course.

Carnival had several comedy shows every night. We would watch at least two of them every night. IMO for the most part they were very good. Only had one show on our royal cruise.

I liked carnivals closet space better. It had large amounts of shelving. I hate having to hang stuff up. I just like to throw it all in a pile.

I hated the enclosed shower on royal. Felt like I was suffocating in the tube. Carnivals was more open with a curtain. Bathroom seemed larger on carnival.

Carnivals buffet was open all night. We would often grab a snack at night and sit by the windows and just relax. Royals closed at 9pm I think.

Pizza was terrible on royal. Tasted like it had no sauce.

24/7 self serve ice cream on carnival. Royals was hardly open and never two sides at once.

Food was comparable. Staff comparable. Similar daily activities. Rooms appeared similar in size (balcony on both)

The ship on royal was much prettier. I did like the promenade.

Pool area was much better on royal. Didn't seem as crowded

Most of the shows seemed more professionally put together on royal.

We had a good time on both. Nothing would make us not sail either line again.

Archived