Epic: Balcony vs Large Balcony vs Family Balcony?

mill4023

What's the difference between a "Balcony" (BA to BX), "Large Balcony" (B6) and a "Family Balcony" (B5)?

On the website, they all say they are 216 sq feet (including balcony).

The Balcony says it accommodates 3, the Family Balcony says it accommodates 4. The Large Balcony says it accommodates 4 in the text of the description, but says 3 in the summary info.

I know the "mini-suites" are a little bigger, but are the balconies any bigger?

Standard balcony cabins have queen/twin beds and a sofa bed and the cabin sleeps up to 3 ppl.

Family Balcony cabins are standard balcony cabins with a pullman bed from the ceiling. 4 ppl.

Large balcony cabins ... they are standard cabins (slleping up to 3) with larger balcony. Found at the edges of hump.

Mini-suites are bigger in size than standard cabins but the balcony is same size. Mind you, we find the standard balconies somewhat bigger than other ships so you'll be fine.

We had a B6 large balcony and it was awesome!! We estimated it was 9ft X 14ft.

Our balcony in 12241:

8378128657_fa8769ef83_z.jpg8378129829_48302fd73e_z.jpg

Thank you SO much for posting these pictures. We have 12241 booked for the 8 day caribbean next January. I knew the balcony would be good sized but this is better than expected :)

Standard balcony cabins have queen/twin beds and a sofa bed and the cabin sleeps up to 3 ppl.

Family Balcony cabins are standard balcony cabins with a pullman bed from the ceiling. 4 ppl.

Large balcony cabins ... they are standard cabins (slleping up to 3) with larger balcony. Found at the edges of hump.

Mini-suites are bigger in size than standard cabins but the balcony is same size. Mind you, we find the standard balconies somewhat bigger than other ships so you'll be fine.

Thanks.

It threw me off that it listed the same sq footage (since it includes the balcony). But I guess that is a mistake, just like the discrepancy between the text and the summary for occupancy of 3 vs 4.

I was just looking on the NCL site and when I put in 3 people, I see the Balcony, Family Balcony, and Large Balcony option. When I put in 4 people, I only see Family Balcony. But even with 4 people, when I select Family Balcony, it appears that some of those rooms do have a larger balcony than the standard.

13056, 13067, 13165, 13206 (for example)

• 3 years later...