Celebrity Newbie Questions

vacrusing4

Hi There Everyone,

Super excited to have booked my first Celebrity cruise for next Spring (on Century, Pacific Coastal). I am Diamond on Royal Caribbean but really liked the itinerary this cruise offered during my son's spring break and sister Celebrity will grant us Elite status (we are happy about that!) so I figured it was time we give Celebrity a try. We're booked in a C2 on the Vista deck. I've been reading that many think the perks of concierge class are not worth the extra $, but I personally looked at it as booking a balcony cabin in the location that I preferred. That being said, here are some questions that I have:

Do the perks from concierge class overlap with the Elite perks or are they completely separate?

My parents are joining us on this cruise as well and do not have enough status on Royal to translate into any status on Celebrity (they are Princess people) so will we have perks that we can enjoy that they can not? I'm okay with that but just need to know ahead of time.

Do Celebrity Elites get offered upgrades? Royal supposedly offers them but I've never received one. Just curious if its more common for Celebrity to do so.

If we are by chance offered an upgrade are there any suites on Century that are not desirable?

Thanks so much!

Not sure what you are asking about in the question re: overlapping perks? Can you be more specific? Perhaps consult the Celebrity website to see the perks for each category and you'll find the answer.

Be sure to register with Celebrity prior to cruising in order to be Elite -- it is not automatic just because you are Diamond.

You cannot take guests to Elite events so the Elite breakfast and Elite cocktail hour will not be available to your parents.

Upgrades are rare on Celebrity. Don't both deciding what you might or not do if offered one, the chances are so low.

Just to expand on cruisestitch's excellent answer: I also am not quite sure I understand the question regarding overlapping perks. Items such as the afternoon canapes, upgraded totebag and so forth are concierge cabin perks. The elite perks such as the cocktail party, internet and laundry coupons are separate. Someone booked in a concierge class room receives the perks associated with that cabin category, and if they are also elite, they would also receive the elite perks.

A guest who has not achieved the elite tier of the loyalty program can only be included in the elite events (such as the cocktail party) if they are actually staying in the same cabin with the elite member.

Archived