Cabin for 3

I was looking at the Princess cruise site at one last minute cruise and it said no cabins available for 3 people. So when I entered a cabin for 2 people a whole lot of cabins came up and I saw at least one for 3. Does anyone know why that would be? Have they offloaded it to a TA and that's why it's not available?

It's likely due to the ship being at capacity for maximum number of people. I.e. ships have a maximum number of people they can carry, which is typically less than the number of 3/4 berth cabins. This is usually fine as often couples book some of those cabins anyway so they need more than they can use.

However, when a number of larger groups have booked cabins, they will automatically block off more 3/4 bookings so that they don't exceed their rated capacity. This maximum capacity is for safety and operational reasons e.g. lifeboats, dining room and so on.

Live availability can change from day to day...if you are interested you can waitlist. You didn't say if it was a Aussie based ship or US one...because of the flexibility of booking conditions in the US many cruisers book and then decide to change to another cruise etc. before final payment...if you have your heart set on one I would not give up.

Sue

Archived