Hotwire **** FLL Beach area hotel--any idea?

CathyCruises

I have found a four star Ft. Lauderdale beach area hotel for $144 for our dates. It says "other sites $239". Anybody done this recently who may know what hotel this could be?

Thx Cathy

What dates; what icons?

What dates; what icons?

April 11-14: these are the amenities:

4-star Hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Oceanfront Property

Property is located along the ocean, but not directly on a beach. For example, the hotel may be situated on a bluff along the coastline.

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

and this:

Get a 4 star hotel like:

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

$275

<LI class=hotelnameandprice>red-bullet-img.gif?ver=254284

The Westin Beach Resort

$272

W Fort Lauderdale Beach

$299

The Pelican Grand Beach Resort - Hotel Rentals

$206

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa

Does that bring anything to mind? Thx!

Westin or W would be my guess. Not sure the Hilton has spa services...:confused:

The other two are RARELY on PL or HW.

Those sound good--yes??

Edited to add: on further exploration of the Westin, I bet that's it. It matches up wth the 'oceanfront, not on the beach' description and of course does have the spa. My question then is, can we manage without a car? If we cab from the AP and cab to the ship, it sounds like it would be easy to avoid the $28/day parking charge and just walk!!

Unless you plan on leaving the Fort L area, no I wouldn't bother renting a car. You'll be there in wonderful weather and between the water taxi, Sun Trolley,cabs and your feet no need for a car for beach,shopping,restaurants etc. Just for transportation to and from airport and port.

CC,

Could be the B Ocean, or even the Westin. If it were me, I would take the four star in Hollywood Beach -- looks like the Wesitn Diplomat, which is our favorite hotel in south Florida. Just a thought. Little farther from the port and airport, but a very nice place.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

CC,

Could be the B Ocean, or even the Westin. If it were me, I would take the four star in Hollywood Beach -- looks like the Wesitn Diplomat, which is our favorite hotel in south Florida. Just a thought. Little farther from the port and airport, but a very nice place.

Enjoy!

Well, I thought about that. But the last time we were there, we stayed in Hollywood, bid hoping to get the Westin but we got the Crowne Plaza. That was fine, the public areas are very so-so but the room was large and comfortable. But this time we thought we'd like to stay closer in just for a change. But I'm still researching. Can't find an exact match on better bidding--took me a long time to figure that site out!

Well, I thought about that. But the last time we were there, we stayed in Hollywood, bid hoping to get the Westin but we got the Crowne Plaza. That was fine, the public areas are very so-so but the room was large and comfortable. But this time we thought we'd like to stay closer in just for a change. But I'm still researching. Can't find an exact match on better bidding--took me a long time to figure that site out!

Good point -- it could be the Crowne Plaza, as it's ratings are improving. Good Luck!

Well, tonight when I checked Hotwire there was a new listing, Beach area, three and a half stars, for $104. I checked Better Bidding and had a pretty good idea of what it was--so we went for it. Got the Doubletree Gallery One suite hotel--so we are excited! I know it's not right on the beach but we're not really beachy so that's okay. I like the free internet and the self-service laundry so we can use that the day we board--with all clean clothes! I like it having a water taxi stop at its own dock! Plus we are Hilton Honors Gold members, which usually means they are extra nice to us, give us some perks, etc. All in all I am very satisfied--oh, and on their website, the least expensive room was $269!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

I too was looking at a 4Star on Hotwire but near the Port.....Does anyone know if that might include property off of 17th St? I would be ok with the Hilton, Hyatt ot Mariott but the Crown Plaza is a bit off the beaten path!!

Any feedback would be very welcome...Thanks

http://www.betterbidding.com?

I use this site whenever I book on hotwire; I can usually nail the hotel.

I just got the Renaissance for $100/nt on hotwire for our Oct. cruise...their website is showing twice that. Great price--we have paid closer to $200/nt even using hotwire the last couple cruises.

I book Las Olas/DT area, as the port can be seen from the hotels there (17th st). It shows 4* to be Hilton Marina or Renaissance.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67&

I am trying to be an "early bird" . Our cruise is next Jan but I have been lurking on hotwire and they are showing a 4**** for 102 +tax/fees for next year. I know its early but our last cruise I could not get anything lower then 125 on priceline or hotwire and that was in Nov for a Jan cruise.

Is this a good rate or should I wait? Thanks

Well, tonight when I checked Hotwire there was a new listing, Beach area, three and a half stars, for $104. I checked Better Bidding and had a pretty good idea of what it was--so we went for it. Got the Doubletree Gallery One suite hotel--so we are excited! I know it's not right on the beach but we're not really beachy so that's okay. I like the free internet and the self-service laundry so we can use that the day we board--with all clean clothes! I like it having a water taxi stop at its own dock! Plus we are Hilton Honors Gold members, which usually means they are extra nice to us, give us some perks, etc. All in all I am very satisfied--oh, and on their website, the least expensive room was $269!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

Thanks for the information. I used your post over on BetterBidding to book the Gallery One for 2 nights with Hotwire before the Liberty of the Seas transatlantic. I used to stay there several years back when it was called the Guest Quarters and it will be a trip down memory lane. Your post is appreciated. :)

Thanks for the information. I used your post over on BetterBidding to book the Gallery One for 2 nights with Hotwire before the Liberty of the Seas transatlantic. I used to stay there several years back when it was called the Guest Quarters and it will be a trip down memory lane. Your post is appreciated. :)

Oh wow you are certainly welcome! In reading the reviews afterward on Trip Adviser, it sounds like the hotel itself may be a bit tired, but I am sure it'll be fine. The extra room (for three nights that'll be nice), the location, laundry, proximity to restaurants and places for last minute extras, all in all I am happy. It's very nice not to need a car. So for those in the know, will we taxi from the airport or is there a better way? We will def. taxi to the ship.

Thanks all

Archived