Dasheene at Ladera

gonole1972

Lots and lots of people have had lunch at Dasheene, myself among them. You can read tons of reviews at TripAdvisor (sister site of CC)

Did you want to know something specific?

Yes - I will check Trip Advisor again. But, wanted to see if "cruisers" had an opinion. i.e. Was it worth the drive, etc. Trip Advisor seemed to be more reviews from locals and land based vacationers. Thanks

Yes - I will check Trip Advisor again. But, wanted to see if "cruisers" had an opinion. i.e. Was it worth the drive, etc. Trip Advisor seemed to be more reviews from locals and land based vacationers. Thanks

It is a very long way to go strictly for lunch - and personally, i think there are better lunch options in the area, especially for the $$$. It is beautiful and worth a stop for a cocktail, or just to take in the view - but an hour plus each way for lunch that will run you around $75-$150US per couple- that's a lot!

There is a lot to do and see in the area - I would recommend Fond Doux and their plantation tour/TetPaul Trail and lunch combo ahead of just lunch at Ladera - Fond Doux grows cocoa for Hershey and you would have a full plantation tour, along with the cocoa growing and processing process, walk/hike along the Tet Paul trail on the ridge above the Pitons (very easy) and lunch at their excellent restaurant. Afterwards, you could stop at Ladera/Dasheene for a cocktail and view, then head back to the ship. If you got an early start, you could even get the volcano tour in there before Fond Doux.

But, if lunch at Dasheene is what you want, it is good. Chef Orlando is no longer at the resort, he has opened his own restaurant in Soufriere town, but the new chef is also very good, just different from Orlando.

You could check out this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259333&highlight=dasheene from aout 6-8 months ago also.

Good luck on what you decide to do. Enjoy your visit.

Archived