Assigned Stateroom for more people

travelplus

We were assigned an Oceanview on Deck 2 on the Navigator that has two extra pullman beds and I made our travel agent aware just in case. I was wondering if RCCL would boot us out of the room if they needed the room for 4 and were 2 on a Trans Atlantic sailing?

I would be afraid that RCCL could boot us to a less desirable room when they need our room. I was wondering if RCCL would upgrade us to a better room if they needed extra beds?

I wanted to make the TA aware so RCCl could sell the room for 2 more passengers and in hopes of my honesty and pointing out a potential mistake RCCL could upgrade us to a higher category such as balcony etc.

Have you ever been assigned a room for 4 when it was just the two of you? What did RCCL do when they found out and needed your room?

I can see having a suite with a sofa bed and two beds but I guess it could work either way.

Did I do good by letting my Travel Agent know about the assignment? I would feel that the upgrade fairy would be kind in return.

There are more physical beds on board the ship than the passenger capacity. They do this since not every sailing fits everybody neatly into the configurations that exist. On one cruise a cabin may have 4, while the next they have 2 in that stateroom. The timing of the sailing (summer or holidays vs school time) will change the demand for the cabins that hold more than 2. If you are sailing off season, chances are most cabins will only have 2 regardless of how many they hold. If you are sailing during holiday time, the families will be looking for those cabins and the chance that you will be asked to move goes up, but still is not guaranteed.

Don't worry, Royal knows who is what cabin and will come to see you if they need it. Letting your TA know is great but I really don't think it will change anything.

Archived