Companion Fare Max Value

darla723

On our upcoming July cruise, our fare was $1299 pp. (Balcony, booked last July)) We will be redeeming 75,000 Visa pts. soon. I understand the max credit will be $1500, but right now the lowest OV has risen to $1209.

Our D2 has risen to $1589, so prices are rising!! If I wait and the OV rises to OVER $1299-is the credit given limited to the $1299, or will it match the current OV price up to the $1500 limit?

I hope this makes sense!!

Doreen

On our upcoming July cruise, our fare was $1299 pp. (Balcony, booked last July)) We will be redeeming 75,000 Visa pts. soon. I understand the max credit will be $1500, but right now the lowest OV has risen to $1209.

Our D2 has risen to $1589, so prices are rising!! If I wait and the OV rises to OVER $1299-is the credit given limited to the $1299, or will it match the current OV price up to the $1500 limit?

I hope this makes sense!!

Doreen

I believe the max value of the credit will be no more than your booked cost of the D2, so $1299 if I understand correctly. Also, I don't believe the Visa points credit pays for taxes either, but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks, Bob

That's pretty much what I figured, but thought I'd ask. I'm completely happy with the $1209!! It's more than the $750 OBC I was figuring on until I saw several posts on CC regarding companion fare!!

Thanks, Bob

That's pretty much what I figured, but thought I'd ask. I'm completely happy with the $1209!! It's more than the $750 OBC I was figuring on until I saw several posts on CC regarding companion fare!!

You can always call the Royal Redemptions people to find out for sure: 888-305-4626.

Archived