Mini suite fantasy questions

Cruisegirl6

My other half upgraded from balcony to mini suite, I realize carnival only perk is priority boarding, question is do we have priority disembarkation also?

Any advice whether we should keep the mini suite or change to balcony?

If we go to balcony we save 200 plus get 140 shipboard credit, its not a big deal but I would want the empress deck and the only four cabins available are all connecting rooms, any advice?

Does Fantasy even have balcony rooms that aren't suites???

IIRC, junior suites are something like 220 sq ft, vs. 185 sq ft for oceanview - not that much difference. I'd only pay a significant premium if it were in a much larger suite.

Edited by emelvee

Does Fantasy even have balcony rooms that aren't suites???

I was confused too - but I think the OP is talking about Fantasy class - the Fascination, like the Ecstacy and the Sensation have balcony cabins in addition to the suites.

Hopefully someone can chime in and give them opinion. I've only been on the Fantasy.

Edited by Bobblefrog

I was confused too - but I think the OP is talking about Fantasy class - the Fascination, like the Ecstacy and the Sensation have balcony cabins in addition to the suites.

Hopefully someone can chime in and give them opinion. I've only been on the Fantasy.

I just noticed OP is sailing on Fascination on 5/6/13, so you're probably right.

My original opinion remains unchanged...if it's $340 more for a mini suite vs a regular balcony, I'd take the balcony and enjoy some drinks on it with the money saved.

Edited by emelvee

Thank you all and I still not sure what to do....the only thing we do get is priority boarding and disembarkation which is good because we need to pick up our epileptic beagle from the vet/pet resort and they close at noon time and the drive is an hour away home. We really not want him to spend more time and just get home.

I still tossing on the idea downgrade to balcony, although like I said the cabins available on the Empress deck are all very rear and connecting rooms and I not sure about what its like with having connecting rooms, would I hear next door more?

In the Jr suite do they give any bathroom amenities, I do know they have king beds instead of queen, vanity extra close all not a big deal...is it quiter up on the verandah deck?

I do know the verandah deck is a sweet one - short, steps to outside, quiet as most people don't use it. I considered an interior on that deck but boyfriend doesn't think he could handle anything without a window. Course we used the gym and saunas every day so for us, it would be a convenient location. Aft gets you closer to serenity and buffet. Decisions, decisions.

I have read on the forum that connecting rooms can be noisy - depending on your neighbor.

This is great getting all your opinions I still not sure lol

I sorry I didnt' clarify properly that when I said Fantasy I meant that class of ship.

My daughters room went down in cost she has regular ov and mine didn't go figure...

I do like being one deck from the lido deck as I can get something to eat and bring back to the room since the room service menu is very limited and I can bring back a hot breakfast...I like the idea there are less staterooms so it be more quiet, especially in early mornings when I sleep till 9am.

Then there is the fact that connecting rooms can be noisy this is another thing preventing me from changing as no other staterooms became available on the empress deck so far.

Our stateroom is not obstructed but its the first one right next to the bridge V1 which is fine because I not have anybody on that side of me. We not mind the tiny balcony its a balcony and I not think I be using it for more than half an hour or so each day and it be nice to be able to put our feet up on the railing so that works out.

Any other suggestions?

No suggestions but V1 is right there next to the stairway down - although you'll probably find it busiest the first day while people are exploring or pulling into ports. If you're social you can just raise your glass and toast folks! If that worries you and you decide to stay with the verandah I would suggest seeing if you could go 5 to 6 cabins back. Course then you risk being downwind of smokers.

I think I'd just risk the stairs!!! LOL!

Edited by Bobblefrog

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I am social, maybe can make a friend or two on this cruise?

Are you choosing to self-disembark? (You have to carry all of your bags out.)

After all non-US citizens disembark, then self disembarkation starts (around 8:30 or 9-ish). The highest decks are called first. But even the lowest (Riviera) should be off by 9:45.

If you choose not to do this, the latest you should be off the boat is about 10:30. And they will probably have to kick you out right about then.

Getting off the boat is really simple. Make sure to fill out your customs forms, and you are good to go.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just upgraded to a mini suite on Fantasy for the second leg of our B2B. My husband is joining my son and me, who will have just completed a 5 day in an OV.

My question: it looks like when the couch is unfolded it's almost impossible for us to walk around it. Can anyone shed some light on this? My son sleeps til noon and we are up very early.

I understand that the balcony brings new meaning to the word "mini" but if anyone has some first hand pics of the balcony or mini suite itself I'd be grateful. Cabin # is V5.

Thanks in advance!

I understand that the balcony brings new meaning to the word "mini" but if anyone has some first hand pics of the balcony or mini suite itself I'd be grateful. Cabin # is V5.

!

We were in V1 on a B2B last April. We love the Verandah deck on Fantasy class ships, and loved V1. Here is a picture of us taken by the photog on our balcony during sail away.

2.JPG

Here is the only picture we took of the cabin, hope it helps.

cabin1.JPG

Kevin C

imagescabin1.JPG

Just upgraded to a mini suite on Fantasy for the second leg of our B2B. My husband is joining my son and me, who will have just completed a 5 day in an OV.

My question: it looks like when the couch is unfolded it's almost impossible for us to walk around it. Can anyone shed some light on this? My son sleeps til noon and we are up very early.

Thanks in advance!

I have a few pictures that I could email you I'm not very good at posting pictures on Cruise critic...