Drink Package Price Increase

karen6490

I just noticed on the Celebrity website that the prices of the drink packages has increased. Does anyone know if they will be putting these packages on sale between now and April? I have been watching the prices for months now hoping for a sale in January, but to no avail. Now I see they have increased.

I just noticed on the Celebrity website that the prices of the drink packages has increased. Does anyone know if they will be putting these packages on sale between now and April? I have been watching the prices for months now hoping for a sale in January, but to no avail. Now I see they have increased.

Increased by how much? What are the new prices? :confused:

I just wenton the site and the soda package hasn't changed:confused:

I suppose that could be as the Canadian Dollar isn't doing as good right now.

The increase isn't a lot, on the premium package it is only $8.00, but who's to say it won't go up again. I am wanting it to go down, not up.

I think the price change may be due to the exchange rate. I found that the prices when shown in Canadian dollars seem to change but in US dollars it stays the same.

Hi Dreamcruise27,

I think that's exactly the case. I'm a US Guest, and just checked the pricing for our upcoming sailing. I'm not seeing any increases for USD prices. It probably has to do with the exchange rate for the Canadian Dollar, and the OP is from Canada.

I hope this helps !

I'm a Calgarian but live in the States. I have a US $ bank account at Royal Bank with a US $ credit card. Does X still do the exchange rate swaperoo when you use a US $ card if you're a Canadian resident?

The Canadian dollar has been pretty strong for a long time.

Hi Dreamcruise27,

I think that's exactly the case. I'm a US Guest, and just checked the pricing for our upcoming sailing. I'm not seeing any increases for USD prices. It probably has to do with the exchange rate for the Canadian Dollar, and the OP is from Canada.

I hope this helps !

The packages have increased on the UK site too! Drinks and wine package, not sure about the others.

I'm a Calgarian but live in the States. I have a US $ bank account at Royal Bank with a US $ credit card. Does X still do the exchange rate swaperoo when you use a US $ card if you're a Canadian resident?

We use our US CC when we are Celebrity, just make life easier

$CDN is $1.02 US :eek:, good thing we book at Xmas

If the Pipeline goes though, CDN will probably up again

I suppose that could be as the Canadian Dollar isn't doing as good right now.

The increase isn't a lot, on the premium package it is only $8.00, but who's to say it won't go up again. I am wanting it to go down, not up.

Checking today, the USD beverage package prices have not changed, and the CAD differences are minimal:

14.00 USD vs. 14.14 CDN

18.00 USD vs. 18.18 CDN

44.00 USD vs. 44.44 CDN

54.00 USD vs. 54.54 CDN

I too have been waiting for a beverage package sale. I am also cruising in April and am crossing my fingers that they will offer the discount offer before we depart.

All the additional add ons have increased on the UK site also - for our 10 day Reflection sailing the Premium alcohol package is up approx £13pp.

Excursions and speciality dining is also up - a tour I had my eye on is now £31 opposed to £30.

Lets just hope the exchange rate gets better soon and the prices go back to how they were.

Does anyone know how often they do this, or if it is a manual change or triggered automatically when an exchange rate changes significantly?

If you booked in US$ with your CC and then you purchase this package with the US card as well then there should not be any exchange. That's precisely why we always use our American card. Never had a problem.

All the additional add ons have increased on the UK site also - for our 10 day Reflection sailing the Premium alcohol package is up approx £13pp.

Excursions and speciality dining is also up - a tour I had my eye on is now £31 opposed to £30.

Lets just hope the exchange rate gets better soon and the prices go back to how they were.

Does anyone know how often they do this, or if it is a manual change or triggered automatically when an exchange rate changes significantly?

We are going on the Italy / Croatia cruise in May and have been waiting for a sale but instead they have gone up!!! On the plus side we have just been given £91 each off our cruise so I suppose its swings and round abouts!!

Archived