Secrets and Tips for Carnival Ecstasy

angeleyez915

I was reading on another site and found something that said that if you eat at the Steakhouse the first night you get a free complimentary bottle of wine. Is that correct? Are there any other secrets and tips? I am a first time cruiser and I am going to be solo so any help will be greatly appreciated. I sail on 03/21/13 for the Bahamas !!!

There are tons of Tips and Tricks, in the main dining room..you can have more than one of anything...appetizer, main course, desert. you can also have appetizer size portions of main courses for an appetizer if there is a main dish you just want to *Try*

There is a serenity deck that is adults only.

If you save the specialty glass from the Drink of the day, you can pay a discounted price for "refills" instead of full price

Since your solo, you can join your roll call and perhaps meet some other Cruise Critic folks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=48388&highlight=your+time+dining+carnival+fantasy&page=197

My suggestion would be to start on the LAST page and work your way back since the thread was started a long time ago and the beginning pages are likely outdated.

The tips I have learned so far (cruising to Bahamas 3/5 out of Charleston) are:

-try the warm chocolate melting cake

-bring an over the door organizer, sunscreen, power strip surge protector thingy, otc meds, batteries, ziploc bags

-order more than one of whatever apps, entrees, desserts, whatever you want

-room service is free- bring $1s for tips

-you can bring wine, sodas, bottled water check carnival.com for details

-put clothes inside a trashbag before putting in suitcase in case yours or someone else's liquids bust in luggage!

-go with an open mind and enjoy!

I was reading on another site and found something that said that if you eat at the Steakhouse the first night you get a free complimentary bottle of wine. Is that correct? Are there any other secrets and tips? I am a first time cruiser and I am going to be solo so any help will be greatly appreciated. I sail on 03/21/13 for the Bahamas !!!

First off welcome to Cruise Critic and to your first solo cruise! Solo cruises are the best, you'll have a blast!

Fantasy class ships which Ecstasy is, are one of the easiest ships and a great first ship to navigate around.

Below is a "Live" trip report from my last cruise on the Ecstasy in December 2012. Hopefully you can find some tips from within it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1746672

Below are my last two cruises where I cruised "Solo" and did "Live" trip reports and I had a blast! I've had so much fun with my solo cruises, in the future, I'm going to do all I can to only cruise solo.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1674131

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1734869

Have a great cruise!

• 8 months later...

The best place for enjoying the fresh air is under an umbrella on the Serenity Deck. There aren't many umbrellas, so your best bet is to go early or go late--but no saving it with a towel! (Chair hogs are STRONGLY frowned upon!) However, since you sailing solo, it would be perfectly OK to scoot upstairs to quickly grab a snack, drink or lunch and bring it back to your chair. (The buffet is only one deck above the Serenity Deck.) Nobody should give you grief if you are gone for 10 - 15 minutes.

We skipped Freeport on our cruise last year and just spent the day reading on the Serenity Deck. Best...day...ever!

Hello my Mother Eleanor and I( Michele) will also be on the Carnival Dream 11/16/13, can't wait!:D I am a tall blonde my Mom is a cute bright redhead in a wheelchair, if you spot us please say Hi!!!:)

Why did you post this on an 8 month old thread about the Carnival Ecstasy?