Marriage Proposal Ideas

christopherfar

Haven't read all the replies, but a friend of mine proposed to his wife with a pair of binoculars (sp). He had somehow put the msg on them and one day they were at the beach and he gave them to her to look at something and she read the msg. I don't know how he did it, but if you're interested, maybe I can hook y'all up.

Here is an idea. What if you ask her on the balcony, I thought that was a good idea. We announced our engagement to our friends by handing out fortune cookies. We were engaged in Florida, but I was from Ohio. We sat around the night before using tweezers to pull out the fortunes and then slid in the new Fortune that said....save the date...and we wrote down our wedding date.

You could have this ready and pass them out at dinner to everyone. You could just put, We are engaged! or She said YES....

Have fun and congratulations!

We have an old irish saying here!! The engagement ring, the wedding ring and the suffering!!!! Well at least thats what my mother said to my now hubby when he poped the question :D!!!!

Honestly, I think out on the balcony is the sweetest way to do it. Sunset and romance ... how perfect!!!

My husband proposed to me on the Valor. I don't know much about the ship you are on but on the Lobby Deck off to the side there is a deck and It was very quiet pretty much most of the cruise. It was formal night and he said lets go out there and take some photos. It was just him and I looking out into the ocean and then He got down on one knee and asked me. I was shocked and so happy at the same time. It was very special <3

Hey everyone -- going on my first cruise on the Glory March 24th (Eastern Caribbean).

I'm also planning to use this opportunity to propose to my girlfriend. I've read a few things here and there, most of them are outdated, about some ideas for how to do this, so I wanted to re-open the discussion.

Anyone know the Glory well enough to recommend something? Or even just some generic ideas for cruise proposals in general?

The only real parameter is that she won't be interested in something public. If there happen to be a few people nearby, no problem, but at a show or in the dining room are not options.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you will have a balcony cabin, that may be the perfect setting.

My now dh, purposed to me at sunset during sailaway from Belize. He set up a bottle of chilled Dom Perignon and a plate of assorted chocolate truffles ( my two favorites) on the small balcony table. He asked me to come join him on the balcony and then got down one knee and very teary eyed, asked me to complete his life etc......He then put the most perfect ring on my finger. It was a moment in time that I will always cherish and I am so glad that he did not select a public venue to ask me. Of course I said yes, but the privacy allowed us to enjoy a very magical moment that is really beyond description.

You will experience that feeling when you ask her. There is nothing better than knowing that you will be spending the rest of your life with your best friend. Be sure to have your camera ready as you will want pictures to start off your album.

Good luck to you. ;)

Rookie here, so forgive my naivety -- how do I contact them?

Most CD's have FB pages, you can look them up and send a private message to them or you can contact John Heald through his blog page and he can get in touch with the CD to help arrange something.

I know that in the past they have had guys called up to the stage during the Welcome Aboard Show to propose to their girls.

oh yea. I just remembered reading about someone who propsed during formal night. The couple were standing in line for photos and when it was their turn, the gentleman pulled the photographer aside to let him know what he was about to do. The whole proposal when then captured throught the photos the photographer took.

I love this idea too, but since you don't want much of an audience for the proposal, I think going to a top deck after dinner and proposing under the moon and the stars would be really romantic. Also, if you are both morning people the top decks of the ship are pretty empty in the early morning and you can do it with the sunrise which would be really lovely and she has that whole day and (beyond of course )to share the news with her family.

Hey everyone -- going on my first cruise on the Glory March 24th (Eastern Caribbean).

I'm also planning to use this opportunity to propose to my girlfriend. I've read a few things here and there, most of them are outdated, about some ideas for how to do this, so I wanted to re-open the discussion.

Anyone know the Glory well enough to recommend something? Or even just some generic ideas for cruise proposals in general?

The only real parameter is that she won't be interested in something public. If there happen to be a few people nearby, no problem, but at a show or in the dining room are not options.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We got engaged on the Glory a few years back.What I did was go to the tux shop and the girl took my ring and gave it to the Maitre D and during dinner he brought a special dessert for my wife that said will you marry me on it and the ring in the middle.He actually got on the mic and stopped dinner service and the whole dining room cheered

You could take her to a specialty restaurant onboard the ship. Prior to your reservation you could meet with the head waiter and tell him what you plan on doing so the waiter can put the ring on a dessert dish. Or you could have the waiter bring out a rose with the ring between the petals.

If you think that is still too much of a crowd for her, if you have a balcony room you could order a bottle of champagne, sit on your balcony watching the ship sail away from a port and pope the question then.

We were on the Splendor a few months ago and this is exactly what happened at the table next to us! It was in the specialty Steakhouse and the guy had obviously met with the staff there as it did appear on the dessert tray....I just heard a gasp and then some crying and when I turned around, the girl was crying, the guy was getting up off of his knees and crying as well and the headwaiter or chef? can't remember exactly....were there shortly after.

It was intimate, but I couldn't resist congratulating them and giving her a hug as we were about ready to leave. She was SO happy and we felt blessed to be a "sort of" part of it all.....told them that we would think of them always and they told us that we were the "first" to know!

THEN you could of course have the rest of the "gang" waiting somewhere to congratulate you all? BUT my thought is that the staff there were SO onboard (no pun intended) in making it all work out perfectly.....so do not be afraid to enlist their assistance as they all seemed to be SO happy to help make the moment memorable and special!

Wishing you years of happiness no matter how and where you pop the question!

You could take her to a specialty restaurant onboard the ship. Prior to your reservation you could meet with the head waiter and tell him what you plan on doing so the waiter can put the ring on a dessert dish. Or you could have the waiter bring out a rose with the ring between the petals. /quote]

When my brother proposed to his wife, he had the florist fasten the ring around a long stemmed red rose, and then met her holding the rose singing "ring around the rosie". It took a few minutes for her to figure out what he was singing and why, but when she did, she was so excited and happy she was jumping up and down. She still talks about it 20 years later.

Your CD will be Matt Mitcham. That's his first sailing as CD on Glory, so you might also contact Josh Waitzman who is Glory's regular CD and will be debarking just before your cruise.

Matt is one of my favorite CD's...I'm sure hell help you out! He was great on the Ecstacy!

I proposed to my wife on the beach in the bahamas. We werent on a cruise, but she loved it. So I obviously vote for the beach option!

Take her tandem parasailing...just dont drop the ring!:eek:

Don't do what this guy did

http://gma.yahoo.com/proposal-horror-story-machine-guns-lost-ring-170215087--abc-news-topstories.html

Always set it up with a photographer. Take pictures and propose.

Don't do what this guy did

http://gma.yahoo.com/proposal-horror-story-machine-guns-lost-ring-170215087--abc-news-topstories.html

Always set it up with a photographer. Take pictures and propose.

LOL..Nice to see you guys and thanks for the humor and horror of it all...

Sometimes simplicity is a good thing...LOL..thanks and good luck op..most don't need this much luck..LOL...Sarah

I Got engaged on the beach of Half Moon Cay. Highly recommend doing it off the ship. Just take the ring with you and do it when the time is right. Doesn't need to be a huge pre-planned show... Go when the timing is right! We loving having a special place to revisit.

Archived