Little Stirrup Cay vs Half Moon Cay

erin327

Half Moon Cay is to me a lot better than Coco Cay, or as you called it Little Stirrup Cay. HMC has a long beach front with really clear waters. CC is my second favorite private island.

I see that Carnival is going to start using Royal Caribbean's private island Coco Cay. This should be interesting.

The island right by Coco Cay is Great Stirrup Cay which is NCL's private island.

HMC is my favorite. Long beautiful beach to walk on, better set up as far as loungers (IMO). Love the cabanas there. My second favorite private island is Coco Cay. I have not been there for a while but loved th CoCo locos and there was a lot more shade. I feel the selection of food was more to my liking but doesn't mean the food was better.The walk to the beach was much shorter than in HMC so for those wilth mobility problems I guess CC would be the best for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to HMC owned by Holland America/ Carnival and to Great Stirrup Cay, owned by NCL. I have not visited CoCo Cay.

In general, both have great amenities. I would give the edge slightly to HMC as it has been more developed and for longer than GSC, but NCL is gradually improving the amenities. Both have beautiful white sand beaches, included buffet and other activities. Both now have private rented cabanas. HMC's cabanas are closer to the water, but NCL's include a $50 food/drink voucher, and both are similarly priced at $299 for the day for up to 8 people to use.

For us, the stop at the private island is one of the better and cheaper port days, since it is mostly included and less rushed.

There are detailed threaded discussions on each on the CC private island forum.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to both several times but i think Coco Cay is true paradise. I dont know if you are traveling with kids but Coco Cay is an awesome island. There is a huge hippo slide, power wheels for kids (free). Crystal clear water & nice cabanas. I was a little bored on my last HMC visit. Which ever you chose you cant go wrong. Have Fun !!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Which do you prefer and why? :)

I've been to both HMC and LSC now and overall find both comparable per se however in the end I'm leaning towards "preferring" LSC as it is a bit more intimate in size resulting in a more convenient experience.

Additionally I really liked the snorkeling experience on LSC that includes a submerged ship with cannon and two small planes that attract a great array of very colorful fish.

I've been to both HMC and LSC now and overall find both comparable per se however in the end I'm leaning towards "preferring" LSC as it is a bit more intimate in size resulting in a more convenient experience.

Having been to three other private islands, the natural beauty of HMC is second to none.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be stopping at little stirrup cay or cococay in a few weeks - would love more info - is it a tender port like HMC or just walk off the ship?

Any shade? I assume there are loungers all over the place? What about lunch? Anyone have any pics?

Will be stopping at little stirrup cay or cococay in a few weeks - would love more info - is it a tender port like HMC or just walk off the ship?

Any shade? I assume there are loungers all over the place? What about lunch? Anyone have any pics?

All4fun&Fun4all wrote a great review of her cruise on the Fascination at Halloween. Page 6 post 113 starts about LSC with plenty of photos!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940219&page=6

Thanks ALL for the great info....