Valley Church Beach-Short Review

Jolly Mon Sings

We visited Valley Church Beach in Feb.2013. Having been to several beaches on Antigua before and this was nicest beach we've been to . Walked off ship to Market St. turn right to and 1/2mile walk to bus depot. Got right on the bus and bus left after 2 minutes. Take the #22bus...only $1.50pp v.$20-40 cab fare. Tell driver you want off at Valley Church Beach (VCB). After 10-15 minute ride we were at VCB.

VCB is a short walk from road. Great beach...white sand, crystal blue water, beach chairs & umbrellas, and the Nest Bar. Nest Bar has restrooms, cold drinks and food. Bar overlooks the beach and is fun. Say hi to Elvis.

When you want to head back to the ship just walk back to the road and bus goes by every 10-15 minutes

Enjoy VCB

P2100658.jpg.4eb1587617650c1efc91e38239fb684b.jpg

P2100665.jpg.d5cdf03cd145e5d5b040d89bf1c68d6c.jpg

P2100672.jpg.5428af0f64124ca16916445e4fa8755f.jpg

P2100675.jpg.38232ec4e8d77f020c8c7d30b09a125b.jpg

P2110701.jpg.92b80f726dc1a19104c0cffd22bf5827.jpg

Sounds nice! We have been to Antigua 3 times and never to Valley Church Beach. We are there in about 3 weeks again and was trying to decide which beach to go to, we were leaning towards Jolly Beach which we have been to 2 times. But I am up for something different and your recent visit and photo's have convinced me to try Valley Church. Thanks!!

Great review- I loved the beach also. Another option for getting there is by going to the tours booth at the end of the dock and getting hooked up with a van/taxi ro Valley Church. When you go with a group of others, it's only $8 p/p each way. There were plenty of waiting cabs when we were ready to head back. Costs more than the bus, but it was convienent and easy (and less than a private cab). You also get dropped off right at the beach- no walking.

How long was the walk from pier to bus? Was it 2 1/2 miles or 1/2 mile?

It's probably just over a 1/2 mile walk. It took about 15 minutes. I did this 2 years ago and it worked out great. The only warning is that the bus may sit awhile until it fills up with passengers. It depends on what time of day it is. I got to the bus station in the late morning. When I got there I was one of the first on the bus. We waited about 20-25 min for more people to get on. Just remember you're on island time and just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Archived