L shape or "regular" cabins~Splendor?

Crusin Karen

We are currently booked in May in an L shaped cabin on deck 8 on Splendor. Have never been in one of these cabins. Plus is the extended balcony. I am researching a cruise from Manhattan for next Feb. We just got off the Miracle and it was too cold to use the balcony, so the extended balcony isn't too much a factor. But for the same price, wth...:rolleyes: But looking at the pictures, it looks like you have less room in an L shaped cabin to move around. Would you book a regular or L shaped cabin if it was the same price? TIA :)

We loved our L shaped room. A lot more room. We didn't need sofa, but so much more room to move around. Compared to my friends regular balcony we loved ours a lot more. Only bad thing was we were on deck 6 over a club and it was noisy, but I take a sleeping pill and doesn't bother me plus we were on Cheers program. Lol!! Anyway I say go for it. Best room we ever had.

Okay, thanks to both of you. Now I need a tie breaker! :rolleyes: We have 8446 because I saw that extended balcony...this is for May, so it should be good. Looking at 6483 or 6448 for next winter. Is the noise that bad? The cabins on deck 7 and 8 are available also, but this (deck 6) is the best price. We ALWAYS stay on deck 8 so I thought this might be different and of course, cheaper! :cool:

We loved our L shaped room. A lot more room. We didn't need sofa, but so much more room to move around. Compared to my friends regular balcony we loved ours a lot more. Only bad thing was we were on deck 6 over a club and it was noisy, but I take a sleeping pill and doesn't bother me plus we were on Cheers program. Lol!! Anyway I say go for it. Best room we ever had.

Okay, thanks to both of you. Now I need a tie breaker! :rolleyes: We have 8446 because I saw that extended balcony...this is for May, so it should be good. Looking at 6483 or 6448 for next winter. Is the noise that bad? The cabins on deck 7 and 8 are available also, but this (deck 6) is the best price. We ALWAYS stay on deck 8 so I thought this might be different and of course, cheaper! :cool:

We had center aft cabin on 7 in 2009. The noise from the disco was BLARING until 2-3am. I'm a heavy sleeper and like to listen to music when I fall asleep but it was too loud for me. YMMV

We had center aft cabin on 7 in 2009. The noise from the disco was BLARING until 2-3am. I'm a heavy sleeper and like to listen to music when I fall asleep but it was too loud for me. YMMV

Holy Moly....that is 2 decks above the lounge...I was looking ONE deck above. No wonder it's cheaper...:rolleyes:

I don't think the sofa would be a deal breaker. We used it mainly for putting beach towels, beach bags and such on. Isn't there a kind of "cubby hole" that you can store things in? I am more "worried" about walking around the bed and/or each other. I don't want to have to walk sideways if you can understand! Or bump into each other constantly :rolleyes:What I SHOULD do is wait until after our cruise in May and decide if I want the L shape or go back to regular balcony, but I'm afraid that if I decide on the L shape they'll be gone by then. :( I appreciate all your thoughts and opinions. Keep them coming! TIA~

Not sure what ship this poster was on, but we just got off the Breeze and had an L shaped room (cabin 8462) and it seemed very cramped. Only 18 inches between end of bed and wall. the bathroom is next to the bed so you have to walk around the end of the bed to get to either the balcony door and/or the bathroom door. Also, no couch or small table to throw stuff on. We did have a little more shelf space as the tv is mounted on the wall. We LOVED the balcony and it was good for us and our cruise since our 3 adult kids were booked in an inside cabin and we just got them key cards to access our room so they could use the balcony. We booked another cruise while on board and DID NOT book the L shaped room.

An "L" shaped room is hard to come by, so if I were you, I'd grab it and give it a try. You can always go back to regular balconies for future cruises for good if you don't like it. But you never know for sure until you try it out at least once for yourself.

I tried it once. To me, it's nice but the difference is minimal. I don't rank it higher or lower than a regular balcony in a similar location.

Just off the Valor and LOVED our L-shaped room. We were 6450 - right over the Eagles Nest Lounge - and didn't hear a sound all night. The room was perfect for the two of us (of course my side of the bed was next to the bathroom - but husband had no problem walking around the bed at all) and we kept our drapes open at night to be able to wake up facing some wonderful views in the mornings. We wouldn't use a couch other than a place to pile stuff up and the desk worked fine for that. The balcony having two chairs, a table and a lounger was great. We'll definitely book an L-shaped again if we get the chance!

Thanks for being such a cheerleader! I am looking forward to being in the cabin in May. I will flip a coin to see if I will book it for next year! :p We always booked the corner aft wrap balconies on Spirit, Legend and Miracle. Always the same cabin on each ship (8268) When CCL figured out how popular they were and raised the category/fee we couldn't justify the price, so the past 2 cruises we have been in "regular balcony cabins." I did fine:D:);)...so I'm sure I can handle an L vs a regular! :o:o I am anxious to see it!

I have had 2 L-shaped cabins. One on the Liberty (no sofa just a chair and small table) and then on the Victory (which had a sofa). I loved them both. Both were on deck 6 right above a Lounge, however, we never heard any noises from below. On the Victory we did have a 'wake up' call every morning when the ship was slowing down coming into port. We just called it our morning 'wake up' call which worked out perfect!! Would book them again given the chance. They were the same price as a regular balcony.

• 9 months later...