Passengers Currently on the Little Sisters...

Chairsin

please give us the benefit of the reaction to the crew members to the news of the sale.. Do any of them know if they will be offered position with SB on the big ships or have a chance to go with the ltttle ships to Windstar?

I think this is a very important point.

We are very new to Seabourn and have done only two cruises with the company... on Legend. We loved the little ship and want to take a "last cruise" on a Little Girl next year, but will the crew be as enthusiastic about their service to the company/guests when they know their ship has been sold? So, should we go for a Seabourn biggy?????

Jay

It's my understanding that Seattle has offered all Crew members jobs on the larger Sister's ~~I heard from Nelson and he related to me "I'm staying with Seabourn......" He's moving to the Quest, then back on the Pride.

I'm wondering what the 6 Captain's of the "Baby Girls" will do ???:confused:

MB

It's my understanding that Seattle has offered all Crew members jobs on the larger Sister's ~~I heard from Nelson and he related to me "I'm staying with Seabourn......" He's moving to the Quest, then back on the Pride.

I'm wondering what the 6 Captain's of the "Baby Girls" will do ???:confused:

MB

Wonder if Nelson will be on the Pride in March of this year?

Well I guess these are all questions that will be answered in time. Frankly I am not worried about the crew's professionalism -- I'm worried about their future. Martha, I do hope you are right. And give Nelson our best -- maybe we will see him on the Quest this fall. Nancy hope you get to see him on the Pride.

And, yes, Jay we too are starting to think about our final little girl goodbye cruises over the next two years. It would be nice if we could take a trip on each of them one last time. Unfortunately since we don't like sea days we won't be doing their final cruises which at this point may be the crossings.

Well I guess these are all questions that will be answered in time. Frankly I am not worried about the crew's professionalism -- I'm worried about their future. Martha, I do hope you are right. And give Nelson our best -- maybe we will see him on the Quest this fall. Nancy hope you get to see him on the Pride.

And, yes, Jay we too are starting to think about our final little girl goodbye cruises over the next two years. It would be nice if we could take a trip on each of them one last time. Unfortunately since we don't like sea days we won't be doing their final cruises which at this point may be the crossings.

I hope he is there too. We are looking at the Baltic in 2014 but itinerary will still govern which ship. We do like them all but we definitely will feel a little different about Seabourn when the little ones are gone...a little of our loyalty goes with them.....just a "little"...now if they would give me unlimited free internet......I could be bought, just kidding.

Seabourn has offered all Crew members jobs with either the larger Seabourn ships or Holland ships~~

But again, I am concerned for all the Captains & Senior Officers ??? Where will they go?

If I could fly Barcelona to Dallas I would book the Pride final TA ~~but I really don't think I'll be able to do the long flight, then on to West Texas, then an hours drive home ~~TOO much! ~~ wonder if David E will be aboard (more Seabourn days than anyone :p) ~~he was CD on the very 1st Pride sailing ~with Capt. Anderssen.

Happy Sunday

MB

We got off the Pride today in HK.

I spoke with several crew members about the sale of the ships..........none of the crew members expressed significant concerns.

Will be on Pride soon...how was trip? Is Jan still CD? Was the staff as wonderful as always? Heard the captain was very nice but not personable, but of course everyone's opinion is different!

Will be on Pride soon...how was trip? Is Jan still CD? Was the staff as wonderful as always? Heard the captain was very nice but not personable, but of course everyone's opinion is different!

Ray is the current CD on the Pride

The crew was wonderful

We did not meet the Captain.

Yojimbo,

Thanks for posting. I do wonder if the crew were putting on a brave face or of they really have been given firm assurances regarding their future employment.

Hard to tell for sure.........I did not discuss with the crew whether they have been assured of future employment.

Archived