$35 "Happy Birthday" cabin decorations >

Turbo6ta

It will be my wife's birthday on the daty we board the cruise.

I ordered the "Happy Birthday Cabin Decorations" that is available on the Carnival website for $35

"Show someone that you care, surprise them this Birthday with their Stateroom decorated with a festive cascade decoration with hanging stars and Birthday wishes, 4 Aluminum streamers leading off a center ceiling decoration, 4 danglers amongst the streamers add to the ceiling decoration, a 6 ft. long Banner proclaiming "Happy Birthday", and a 20" table centerpiece."

Just wondering if anyone has ordered this before? ... Did you like it?

Thank's,

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/80E/happy-birthday-cabin-decorations

birthdayroomdeco.jpg

We got it back in June for my daughter (it was her 15th birthday). It looked really nice, and my daughter loved it. Our cruise started on the 2nd, her birthday was on the 6th (we were in Curacao that day). We had requested (when we ordered them) that they be put in our room on her birthday - we reminded our steward that morning, and asked that it be done while we were off the ship and in Curacao (he had no problem with that). :)

If you check out my Freedom review (link in my signature), you will see pictures of it up and all.

I ordered the "Happy Birthday Cabin Decorations" that is available on the Carnival website for $35

Thank's,

I ordered one for my mom's surprise cruise. She loved it. And it comes in handy...it's yours to keep and can be reused.

We liked it. We had connecting cabins on the Fantasy over valentines day & I surprised the family with Bon voyage in the kids stateroom & Happy Anniversary in ours. They were up the first day & they really make the room feel festive.

I ordered the Happy Birthday decorations twice and each time they weren't available :(

It seems that they run out often and they don't put them aside for you when you order and pay for them. If someone orders them after you and sails before you, they will get yours. The first time, we found out from someone on the boards and switched to Congratulations (as in Congrats in getting old...LOL). The 2nd time my kids were turning 18 during our cruise and again I read on the boards that they weren't available so I just ended up bringing my own. I did get a refund of my $35 but I wanted to surprise my kids so it was disappointing.

The Congrats ones were very nice. I just wish Carnival had a better way to reserve them for those that order first vs sailing first.

"Show someone that you care, surprise them this Birthday with their Stateroom decorated with a festive cascade decoration with hanging stars and Birthday wishes, 4 Aluminum streamers leading off a center ceiling decoration, 4 danglers amongst the streamers add to the ceiling decoration, a 6 ft. long Banner proclaiming "Happy Birthday", and a 20" table centerpiece."

Thank's,

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/80E/happy-birthday-cabin-decorations

birthdayroomdeco.jpg

This is great! Our Grandson's birthday will be while we cruise, so I just might have to do this!!!

They do it up nice - not sure if it's $35 nice :p - I got it for my sister's birthday a few years back (when it was only $32). She took them home with her and reused them for a few of her grandchildren's birthdays - they loved them!

I'm thinking of getting them again because both of us are celebrating birthdays during our June cruise. I think I'll tell my DH that he can pay for them :cool:

Ordered the decorations for my son's 8th birthday (which also happened to be embarkation day). I really wavered on spending the $35 for the decorations, but I'm glad that I did. Here's why:

• Yes, you can buy your own to bring with you for less $$, BUT do you really want to spend the time decorating the cabin (and finding a time to do this when the guest of honor is not in the room)? The Carnival decorations have magnets (for ceiling decor)/adhesive dots already attached so the decorations stay put for the entire cruise. I can imagine that the DIY decorations might fall down during the cruise when the tape fails, particularly if the cabin gets humid from bathroom steam/open balcony doors...

• The Carnival decorations themselves are of a high quality with heavy cardstock and metallic Mylar (?) streamers suitable for reuse. At the end of the cruise, I took them down and brought them all home. We put them up at home for birthdays in the family ever since and have a nice reminder of cruising in addition to birthday celebrations.

• Carnival's Bon Voyage department also sells birthday cakes. I ordered one of these as well, and it was worth the cost. It was delivered at dinner, and we were able to take the rest of the cake in the covered container back to the cabin to finish off later. (Interestingly, I was so worried about them misspelling my son's name and relieved when it was correct. It wasn't until I made a photo book of the cruise a few weeks later that I realized that they had actually misspelled "birthdy" on the cake and we never even noticed it at the time!)

Yes, they are expensive, but I felt the $35 was worth it for a whole roomful of high quality decorations that I didn't have to figure out when, where, and how to hang in our home for the week. Enjoy your vacation and leave the decorating to your cabin steward (and bring the decorations home to remember your special occasion in conjunction with your special cruise!)

They do it up nice - not sure if it's $35 nice :p - I got it for my sister's birthday a few years back (when it was only $32). She took them home with her and reused them for a few of her grandchildren's birthdays - they loved them!

I'm thinking of getting them again because both of us are celebrating birthdays during our June cruise. I think I'll tell my DH that he can pay for them :cool:

If the picture reflects what the decorating is, it appears to be worth it. Party favors (if we bought and brought them) would be pricey, plus the aggravation of putting them up by ourselves.

My youngest will be turning 5 the day of embarkation on our cruise. I had planned on bringing along decorations and doing up the room while my husband kept him entertained out of the room. After reading and seeing pictures of other cruisers reviews, I decided the $35 was well worth it. It's just one less thing I have to pack and my kiddo will definitely be excited by it.

I've seen them in cabins, and they seem to be decent quality and look festive.

That said- there are many things to choose to spend money on, and this is not something I would spend my money on. $35 is much too high, even at $10, I'm not sure if I would...

I got them for my husband's birthday, and he was really surprised and loved them. As we were in an inside, it really made things festive. As people said above, I don't know if they're $35 nice, but it's worth the extra to have them in the cabin when you walk in.

He's not a big birthday guy, but he was pretty happy. I think they're a nice touch. We saved a few bits as keepsakes, but I bet you could reuse it all.

birthdayroomdeco.jpg

That is how our room looked minus the two beds of course-we had them pushed together as one & we were in a balcony but my DH loved the decorations for his 50th and even though I could have saved a little by buying them, packing them and decorating myself, I really didn't want to do that...I'm on vacation and it was a good money to spend to have it ready when we got to the cabin.

Happy Sailing!

I didn't get Carnival's but I got Norwegian's on my wife's 65th birthday the day we sailed out of New York.

It surprised my wife completely and she loved it. It was well worth the price for the joy it gave her. (I'm usually a cheapskate) :o

The only problem was when we opened the balcony door sometimes a balloon would fly out.

• Yes, you can buy your own to bring with you for less $$, BUT do you really want to spend the time decorating the cabin (and finding a time to do this when the guest of honor is not in the room)? The Carnival decorations have magnets (for ceiling decor)/adhesive dots already attached so the decorations stay put for the entire cruise. I can imagine that the DIY decorations might fall down during the cruise when the tape fails, particularly if the cabin gets humid from bathroom steam/open balcony doors...

[

This is totally true!

I brought my own decorations for DD's 21st birthday last month, and yes, they fell off of the walls and the ceiling the whole time we sailing - some right away, others later. We ended up the cruise with about 4 pieces that I had taped to the ceiling.

Also, I used a washcloth to clean the ceiling and used packing tape to stick the decorations up. That helped, but not much.

My brother and his fiancee ordered them for my Mom's birthday last cruise. They were really nice and we brought home everything but the banner. The nice thing was that we could stick some of them to the cabin door and the magnets worked really well.

Archived