new England to Canada cruise

cruisingcats

We are from Florida and we want to take the Holland America Cruise from New England to Canada or vice versa. Which is best? Boston to Canada or Canada to Boston. I thought I read about some customs problems or checking in at Boston. Also we are torn which ship to take Veedam or Maasdam? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think I'd choose from itinerary that would determine Northbound or Southbound. We did from NYC Northbound leaving on 23 September to be up in Quebec City around the 1st of October for the best Fall Foliage imaginable!

Look at the dates of each cruise and try to determine late September/early October for Quebec City/Montreal.

I've heard Maasdam is a good ship, but I've not actually sailed her. I did sail the Old Noordam quite a few years ago and we loved the size of her.

Have fun planning, then taking your cruise, it is an awesome itinerary.

Did the Maasdam last summer and was a very enjoyable cruise. We sailed from Montreal to Boston. I see that it is doing the Boston to Quebec this summer (think so or maybe that is the Veendam). Both are smaller ships. I think I would do Boston to Quebec City so I could bring aboard my own wine. Since we were flying into Montreal last summer, we didn't bring any wine with us because of customs etc. Trying to find wine we liked in Canada was very challenging and very expensive. Cannot beat the prices for both ships. Also, Carnival's Glory is doing a seven-night trip also leaving from Boston.

We've done Montreal to NY (so not exactly same)

Also did Boston to Quebec and then tacked on three days in Quebec. Had no problems at the airport; just took a taxi from hotel. So much to see in that beautiful city and surrounding area that if you can afford and arrange the time to stay, I'd recommend that.

Both trips were in autumn so lovely foliage.

Envy you going up there; it's gorgeous.

Archived