Wine bags

oneboysmom

I know this is kind of a taboo subject, but i was wondering if anyone has bought a box of wine, taken the bag out of it and successfully brought it on board a carnival, or any ship.

Yes. Take out the bladder, break down the box. Bladder goes in a zip lock. Box goes into luggage also. Put back together once onboard. :) I read this somewhere...

It really boils down to the cruise line and the directives they mandate to the port security on any given port and/or cruise.

First and foremost, the security contractors are looking for weapons or other dangerous items. But, if the cruise lines want the security teams to ferret out items that are "forbidden" according to their passage of contract policies they may or may not call it to the attention to the cruise ships security team for closer inspection.

The scanners pick up the different material compositions and they are displayed in different colors that are viewed by the scanner attendants. Different material densities show up as different colors.

It's really pretty obvious to the person viewing the scanner displays just exactly what is what, They look at the contents of luggage for about 5 - 15 seconds to determine the contents.

Look at the screen shot below and it will show you what they see. It's readily obvious that there are a couple of bottles of a very popular soft drink in the suite case being scanned.

So it pretty much boils down to what the cruise lines are willing to be let taken on board or, sometimes due to time constraints, it's a just the luck of the draw. In any event, you pays your money and you takes your chances. I've never seen anyone denied boarding for trying to "smuggle" on adult beverages. Although they try to shame you for trying. Good luck and Bon Voyage

xray.jpg

Thats quite a picture of the scan!! Yes, i've ordered bon-voyage already as well, so if it doesn't make it through, oh well...worth a shot anyways!!!

A wise person always has a backup plan, just in case!

Archived