Itinerary change in less than 24 hours??

Aloha 1

Here's a strange. On Sunday I see a new itinerary for 9/14 on Riviera from Barcelona to Istanbul. A great itinerary with stops at Malta, Crete, SANTORINI, Cyprus, Israel, etc. This morning,Monday, I book this cruise. This afternoon, I copy the itinerary for our daughter who will be traveling with us and suddenly we have a sea day instead of Santorini??? I realize this cruise is months away. I realize that routes can change. BUT, the attraction of this cruise was the opportunity to see the ruins of Akrotiri on Santorini and then travel to Crete to see the aftermath of one of the largest disasters to ever hit the world - the great tsunami caused by the destruction of Thera (modern day Santorini). I would like to state my case to upper management. Is there an email address or contact information?

Here's a strange. On Sunday I see a new itinerary for 9/14 on Riviera from Barcelona to Istanbul. A great itinerary with stops at Malta, Crete, SANTORINI, Cyprus, Israel, etc. This morning,Monday, I book this cruise. This afternoon, I copy the itinerary for our daughter who will be traveling with us and suddenly we have a sea day instead of Santorini??? I realize this cruise is months away. I realize that routes can change. BUT, the attraction of this cruise was the opportunity to see the ruins of Akrotiri on Santorini and then travel to Crete to see the aftermath of one of the largest disasters to ever hit the world - the great tsunami caused by the destruction of Thera (modern day Santorini). I would like to state my case to upper management. Is there an email address or contact information?

I don't think you have a "case." Itineraries can change at any time even hours before your due into a port. Relax and enjoy your cruise!;)

More better try COCKEYED MAYOR OF KAUNAKAKAI@MOLOKAI.NET. AND HOPE HE IS SOBER.:):cool:

Could you do the cruise this year?

There is one in Sept that hits Santorini & Crete

You could always cancel or see if another date would work for you

Lyn

This one in 2014 goes from Barcelona to Istanbul and hits Malta, Crete, Cyprus, etc. Very good itinerary but I'd trade Alexandria for Santorini in a heart beat.

I don't think you have a "case." Itineraries can change at any time even hours before your due into a port. Relax and enjoy your cruise!;)

As I said, I get that. I just want to put my 2 cents worth in. Of course, with the political situation in Egypt, Alexandria could always be dropped which opens up a day.

The weird thing about it is that I saw it posted on Sunday with a 1PM arrival at Santorini and sail away at 10PM,then arriving at Crete the next day. Now it shows an extra sea day instead. Hope FDR reconsiders and reinstates it. There is after all plenty of time.

The weird thing about it is that I saw it posted on Sunday with a 1PM arrival at Santorini and sail away at 10PM,then arriving at Crete the next day. Now it shows an extra sea day instead. Hope FDR reconsiders and reinstates it. There is after all plenty of time.

The problem with Santorini is that all ship passengers must be tendered in using the private (government, I think) tenders. If there are too many ships scheduled on the same day, it is possible that Oceania was bumped from the schedule due to the lack of tenders.

We are on the Pearls of the Far East trip leaving March 10 from Beijing and our original port of Ko Samui, Thailand, was replaced with Sihanoukville, Cambodia last May in order to avoid port congestion. From that description, I assume that there will be to many other ships in port to adequately accommodate the passengers. So it is not that unusual to have itineraries changed, some even months before the actual sailing.

As far as the posting, I would guess that you just happened to be online right before and after the change over. I had it happen to me in December when I was booking air line tickets, but this time the price went down within minutes of my original booking. I of course, was able to cancel the higher priced tickets and re book at the lower price since I had just booked them.

Cenia

As far as the posting, I would guess that you just happened to be online right before and after the change over. I had it happen to me in December when I was booking air line tickets, but this time the price went down within minutes of my original booking. I of course, was able to cancel the higher priced tickets and re book at the lower price since I had just booked them.Cenia

Yes, I suspect that is what happened. There's always hope something opens up and Riviera can get in. I love Santorini and really want to go to the Akrotiri dig.

Archived