Sapphire menus

roohound

I understand that the Sapphire Princess has altered its dining.......you no longer have the 4 options of fee free dining (Santa Fe, Pacific Moon, Sterling Steakhouse (tho this is now a fee restaurant) and another whose name is escaping me right now) if you're doing Anytime Dining, rather all menus are the same (tho the 4 restaurants may offer a dish from its theme as a special)

My question is are the menus going to be the same menus that are on every other Princess ship (or so it seems to me) or are they going to shake things up a bit?

So far Diamond and Sapphire passengers of the last 2 weeks report it is the same menu as used in the Traditional dining room. ==> same menu all dining rooms.

The other PC room was the Vivaldi, which has been reported to be part Traditional early and then after 8 switches over to Anytime dining on some cruises. The Former Sterling Anytime Fee Free room has been renamed the Savoy, and the new Sterling is reported to be aft section of one side of the Horizon Court at dinner, and it is now an alternative venue (meaning with a fee). Probably because too many folks were confused as to whether the Sterling was Fee or Free depending on the ship.

I pretty much have that info down but I'm wondering if the menus are the same menus you find on the majority of the other Princess ships....I've done so many Princess cruises I swear I can name the entrees in my sleep....why, yes the baby turbot does sound interesting...... LOL

I've heard rumours here and there that some ships are having slight updates to their menus....and the Caribbean Princess has a somewhat different menu rotation...just looking for a little dining variety :) And I thought I was getting that when I booked the Sapphire, but now it seems that's not the case anymore :(

Donna, LOL, I think you may have mis-read. My post says that all the dining rooms are using the same menu (ie not different). The menu being used in all the rooms is the one that the Traditional room had been using.

My humble apologies.

I read one post fro a live Diamond cruiser recently saying the 4 PC dining rooms had the traditional dining room menu plus 1 special (meal not menu) related to their specialty. For example the cruiser said they ate in the Santa Fe and had the traditional menu plus Fajitas were offered for dinner one evening.

Question: Do you think this will cause more people to opt for Traditional dining? I am booked on the Sapphire with Traditional. I was considering changing to PC, but with this change I will stick to traditional where I get the same wait staff each evening.

I read one post fro a live Diamond cruiser recently saying the 4 PC dining rooms had the traditional dining room menu plus 1 special (meal not menu) related to their specialty. For example the cruiser said they ate in the Santa Fe and had the traditional menu plus Fajitas were offered for dinner one evening.

Question: Do you think this will cause more people to opt for Traditional dining? I am booked on the Sapphire with Traditional. I was considering changing to PC, but with this change I will stick to traditional where I get the same wait staff each evening.

DH and I were on the Sapphire a couple of weeks ago. At first we were a little disappointed that we were not going to be abe to experience the theme menus that we had heard so much about. However, the PC concept is more important to us than the theme menus. I think the cruiser that picks PC dining does it for the flexibility in dining not the menus. I am so spoiled with PC dining that I won't sail another cruise line. On another note, we did PC dining on the Dawn last year and were able to get the same table and wait staff for the entire cruise. We definitely had the best of both worlds.

We were on the Coral in April and had PC dining. We loved our waiter and assistant so much the first night that I asked for this table on subsequent nights. By the third night I was told I know longer had to call to make a reservation, we would have a standing reservation for "our" table. We were a group of five. We will be a group of eleven next March and I hope we can get a standing reservation again. Since we choose PC dining because we like to eat at 5:30 p.m., it will probably work out.

Carol

I agree. We booked on the Sapphire and upon hearing that there was no major difference in menus between the dining rooms and other dining choices, I changed our dining to late seating. I guess if there is no real difference, and we tend to eat late anyways (snacks after excursions to tide us over, of course) then I'd rather have the same waitstaff...hopefully they won't be duds like I've had on some ships.

Archived