Quest Penthouse Suites Deck 10

glorygaf

On the web site for Seabourn Quest, it states that Penthouse Suites 1015 -1023 and 1025 have partially obstructed views. Does anyone know what the obstruction is and does it apply to 1016-1024 on the port side as well.

Is the obstruction a problem?

Any information would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...

WRIPRO, just after a bit more info on deck 10 PH pls. Looking at a cruise on the Sojourn in November and after first looking at a V6 verandah where initially there were 2 next to each other as we were travelling with another couple of friend of ours, they have now been booked. I am now considering maybe treating ourselves to a PH and noticed that there are only a few available on Deck 9, but on Deck 10 there are a lot more available and wondering why that would be? Would you know what the differences would be between deck 9 and 10? I was also looking at possibly 1015 which I believe you have stayed in, apart from 1025 do they all equally offer the same sort of view, I would imagine they would? Not sure if you get any noise from the corridor with people walking to and from the observation bar, or actually emanating from it? I am now considering maybe 1 on starboard and 1 port side so we can mix cabins for drinks watching the world go by depending on what is better to look at fromeach others suite as ours is a round trip from Fort Lauderdale, so many things to consider, all part of the fun of planning though but insider knowledge certainly helps! :)

Actually, SWMBO has suggested 1015 & 1017 as she fancies a chat over the railing, would you get any noise from the elevator into the suite as according to the dek plan it adjoins this suite. Is either suite any better than the other or have any advantages over the other?

Bradtarga34,

I have never stayed in a PH on Deck 9 but have been in them and there are no differences that I can see. If someone else has different information please correct me. Personally, if I had a choice between 1015 and 1017 I'd take 1017 only because it's a bit further from the activity in the Observation Lounge, (I actually like having the Observation Lounge so close because in the mornings they put out a continental breakfast and it's sometimes faster to get get a cup of coffee and juice than to call room service.)

All in all, I'd say a PH is a great accommodation.

Bradtarga34,

I have never stayed in a PH on Deck 9 but have been in them and there are no differences that I can see. If someone else has different information please correct me. Personally, if I had a choice between 1015 and 1017 I'd take 1017 only because it's a bit further from the activity in the Observation Lounge, (I actually like having the Observation Lounge so close because in the mornings they put out a continental breakfast and it's sometimes faster to get get a cup of coffee and juice than to call room service.)

We have stayed twice in 914 and loved it. Close to the stairs and elevators but with no noise from them. Very handy for the Observation Lounge but without getting any of the traffic. I would often zip upstairs, grab a couple of aperitifs and some hors-d'oeuvres and then bring them back downstairs to enjoy on out veranda. It was also great to be able to have a night-cap with a very short walk home.

We have stayed in 1017 on the Quest and must mention there is a fair size pipe that runs from floor to ceiling in the closet and cuts some storage space there. We subsequently chose 1016 on the Sojourn and there was no such pipe - and more room to hang clothes. A small point, but perhaps something helpful to know up front.

In thinking about it, 1015 and 1016 have their own private entrance "alcoves" off the hallway, while most of the other suites share an alcove (e.g. 1017 and 1019's doors are side-by-side). Didn't make much difference, as our neighbors were quiet, but once or twice we literally bumped in to each other leaving our suites at the same time. Also, remember that 1015 and 1016 only have neighbors on one side.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips everyone, we are booked up and decided on 1015 for ourselves, a good point was neighbours on one side only, and the other neighbours will be our friends!:) Roll on November, and just need to sort out a referal coupon as we have a new Seabourn cruiser joining us!

Bradtarga34,

Unfortunately no more coffee in the observation lounge at least not on the Quest last week we were in 916 and hoped it would be available

• 3 weeks later...

I have a chance to upgrade to the PH suites on the deck 10 for a good price. Besides the obstructed view issue (it may be that only suite 1025 has an obstructed view) I would like to hear from those of you who have stayed in these suites regarding noise from the Observation Lounge. Can you hear the music or the people often?

Any input would be appreciated.

I've stayed in 1019 and 1015 and never had an obstructed view. In 1015 I could occasionally hear a bit of music form the ObservationLounge but it was very muted and in no way disturbing. Concentrate on all the benefits of a PH instead of worrying about possible drawbacks.

Archived