Cirque show for an almost 2 yo

coffeecat

Has anyone taken toddlers to this-why or why not? IF you did, what was the experience like. We have been blessed with a very happy and easy baby (20 monts at sailing time) and she likes similar stuff but i obviously don't want to take her if it would be a disaster and negatively impact the other paying guests. Thanks for your advice!

Coffeecat

There was one family that had several toddlers. One was screaming and crying at the beginning so that was not good. But they calmed down for the rest of the act. Biggest things with 2-4 year olds is they cant keep still :) But later in the act, the performers did some things with those kids that they seemed to really enjoy.

Saw another woman at Blue Man with a 2 year old. About halfway through, he just started yelling and screaming but not crying. The mother kept bouncing him on her knee and it had some effect of keeping him quiet.

It is quite the job but it can be done LOL

We are taking our 18 month old on the Jewel, The show wouldn't work for us, she would sit for a while and then be all done! It also would be too late as someone posted for our daughter. But I definitely don't doubt there are kids this age who would be able and want to see it. I would have that exit plan handy. And you know your child, if she starts getting upset and needing to move around for us that would mean it is time to go.

For us when she finishes eating and gets fussy during dinner at a restaurant etc. it is all over, she is all done! we don't try to appease her in her seat anymore because it just means more fussing for other diners to listen to which we want to avoid, we take 10 minute turns getting up and walking with her outside the restaurant until we are both done. (This in itself has gotten me some dirty looks from others)

This will be happening alot next week lol! Especially as we plan on doing most of the specialty restaurants with her!

We are taking our 18 month old on the Jewel, The show wouldn't work for us, she would sit for a while and then be all done! It also would be too late as someone posted for our daughter. But I definitely don't doubt there are kids this age who would be able and want to see it. I would have that exit plan handy. And you know your child, if she starts getting upset and needing to move around for us that would mean it is time to go.

For us when she finishes eating and gets fussy during dinner at a restaurant etc. it is all over, she is all done! we don't try to appease her in her seat anymore because it just means more fussing for other diners to listen to which we want to avoid, we take 10 minute turns getting up and walking with her outside the restaurant until we are both done. (This in itself has gotten me some dirty looks from others)

This will be happening alot next week lol! Especially as we plan on doing most of the specialty restaurants with her!

You sound like a great parent and a very considerate person. Ignore the dirty looks! Thank you.

You are being very considerate to others here - thank you. I wish we could all take a turn for you so that you get to finish a meal together

Thanks for the kind words! We know in time restaurant visits will get easier! And most people are so awesome, I definitely end up having more conversations with nice strangers then before having kids who ask about my daughter and tell me about their children/grandchildren, I'm sure we will meet many friendly people on board!

I'm a little worried about muster drill, after a busy hectic day traveling and getting onboard, it might be a little stressful!! I dont know if my daughter will sit still for it! Our drill will be in the Stardust, I just hope it goes quickly and smoothly! (Sorry to hyjack the thread at all!)

:) But later in the act, the performers did some things with those kids that they seemed to really enjoy.

I couldn't resist.....juggling the kiddos?

Someone indicated one of the performers keeps blowing a whistle. That would be irritating to any age.

Thanks for your replies! I think I will just have to play this one by ear. She is a really good child and does really well at restaurants (most of the time) and I think she would like all the performers...but certainly don't want to subject others to her crying/fidgeting etc...will just have to see what she is like in the next few months.

Amy

Archived