New to NCL What can I expect from the NCL Pearl?

haikou

I usually travel on Crystal, and have been on Carnival once. How are the room sizes compared to Carnival? I can't find that info on the NCL website. We are going to be staying in an interior stateroom. Also. I do not drink and do not wish to be around a lot of unruly drunk people or unsupervised kids. Do I need to worry? We are going to Alaska. I am taking my daughter for a graduation present.

I usually travel on Crystal, and have been on Carnival once. How are the room sizes compared to Carnival? I can't find that info on the NCL website. We are going to be staying in an interior stateroom. Also. I do not drink and do not wish to be around a lot of unruly drunk people or unsupervised kids. Do I need to worry? We are going to Alaska. I am taking my daughter for a graduation present.

I have never sailed on an NCL ship where I wanted to leave an area because the guests were unruly drunk people or unsupervised kids.

The inside cabins are listed at 143 sq ft.

Cherie

Go to NCL.com

Click on Learn About Our Cruises

Scroll down to ships

choose your ship on the right by clicking on the name

click on deck plans and then select a deck

A drop down menu will show room types so click on your room type for spces.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/decks/2/8#tab_detail

I've found the insides to be smaller on NCL than Carnival, but still laid out really well. We've been on 3 NCL cruises, and have never had the drunk unruly experience. Lots of unsupervised kids is another story. But your sailing dates are early enough that the ship shouldn't be overrun with them.

Fortunately my daughter and I are not going to Alaska to spend a lot of time in the room. We will just have to be well organized read: my daughter needs to put her things away and not use the floor as a hangar! LOL

Even on the fun ship I found quiet places-just took more effort than I had hoped I would have had to do. Being on the lowest deck , by the way was a perk as most of the families with somewhat out of control kids were on the upper decks(tg).So I highly suggest the lower decks if any of you want a quiet location! Some fellow passengers we met talked of kids running up and down the halls late at night, but we were blissfully unaware of this being on the lowest public deck of the ship! :) My daughter is looking forward to The Bistro as she went to France last year with some schoolmates. As long as I have my Jacuzzi and spa appointments I will be a very happy camper :)

I sailed the Pearl to Alaska in May of last year, and my mom and I had an excellent time. The weather was perfect--blue sky every day. The ship's crew were fantastic. (They are often rated #1 in guest satisfaction in the NCL fleet.) And the Pearl is the best of the Jewel-class ships, which is NCL's most popular ship design.

You will not find drunks wandering around an NCL cruise. I feared that might be case on a 4-night Bahamas itinerary I did last December, and even then most folks appeared sober.

The Pearl has lots of quiet spaces. The best include the Spinnaker, which is a traditional observation lounge Deck 13 forward. It's very quiet during the daytime. You might also enjoy the Great Outdoors, Deck 12 aft. This is an outdoor extension of the Garden Cafe buffet and it's very popular because of the wide open view of the ship's wake. The card room and library are also very quiet, as is the Atrium, generally. (The Atrium can bustle a bit when a sale is happening.)

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

I am getting excited about this trip. I think I will not be sailing on fun ships anymore. The line was not a good fit for me . Can anyone compare NCL to RCCL? Or is it like comparing apples and oranges.

I sailed the Pearl to Alaska in May of last year, and my mom and I had an excellent time. The weather was perfect--blue sky every day. The ship's crew were fantastic. (They are often rated #1 in guest satisfaction in the NCL fleet.) And the Pearl is the best of the Jewel-class ships, which is NCL's most popular ship design.

We chose the Pearl for Alaska because when we sailed the Epic many raved about her for Alaska. The hot weather couple is on their way to the glaciers! I have never seen unruly people including children on any of the NCL ships we sailed.

How do you make a meet and greet on NCL's board? On Crystal with only 2 ships, we have a page where you can sign up for the meet and greet. It looks to be different with these larger ships due to many more passengers potentially signing up and attending. I enjoy the M and M's on Crystal and would like to meet people on NCL as well.

Archived