Dining reservations

joanna111

I've been reading the "As you wish" sticky and it seems that people have very different experiences. I'll be on the Noordam Transatlantic next month and had decided not to have the reserved dining times but now I'm rethinking it. When can we make reservations? Only daily? Or a few days in advance? Can we do it by phone? Should we expect lines even if we have reservations? Not sure if I should call HAL and see if we can still get the late dining option.

I've been reading the "As you wish" sticky and it seems that people have very different experiences. I'll be on the Noordam Transatlantic next month and had decided not to have the reserved dining times but now I'm rethinking it. When can we make reservations? Only daily? Or a few days in advance? Can we do it by phone? Should we expect lines even if we have reservations? Not sure if I should call HAL and see if we can still get the late dining option.

The late dining option, particularly on a Transatlantic, is always the least favorite option. If you decide you don't like the "as you wish," I'm sure there would be no problem making a change any time during your cruise.

Most ships allow you to make reservations for 3 and 4 days at a time in the Open Dining venue. However, several people have reported that they did have to stand in line inspite of having reservations.

You can either call on the phone to make reservations or stop by the Podium located right inside the midship area of the Lido or right in the hallway of the midship elevators.

One month out from a cruise -- a little hard to get a fixed dining time now.

You might want to go to the fixed. I just got off the Noordam yesterday and found the open dining to be a challenge. I didn't bother with reservations because they never seem to have them available when I tried. They do not have enough waitstaff and they really struggle.

Joanna111, we are on your cruise...getting really excited and have to keep from packing so early, but am making lists. We do the as you wish dining and eat around 6:00. The only time we had trouble with reservations was formal night. We ended up having to eat around 7:00, which is later than we like, but still not bad. We join other people at tables and have met very nice people. We don't like to be locked into a certain time to eat. A lot of times we languish in the Crows Nest and watch the scenery, play trivia, etc. The late seating is just too late for me. I don't like to eat so close to my bedtime...lol. I can remember on our last cruise a few years ago that if there was a long line at the MDR and we hadn't made reservations, we just meandered to the Lido...no problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We always do anytime dining and eat early, usually around 6:00 and have only had to wait to be seated one time.

That was my experience on the Zaandam in Alaska....we went 5:30-6 and had no problem.

I also go pretty early (before 6:30) and it has been a problem. Not so much for the wait to get in, it's the service that is very slow.

Archived