LIVE: MSC Fantasia 17 night repositioning cruise Santos Brazil to Venice 5 March 2013

All aboard??

Fandabbydosy....to the discount as well (very rare that you get a Crankies quote from moi!)

Nor from moi.

I am ecstatic that my friends James and Jeffrey have booked to join us. I know already that I will be unable to write - even badly as others have complained - because there will be too much fun. There is a heavy price to pay for pleasure.

Edited by Skipper Tim

I know already that I will be unable to write - even badly as others have complained - because there will be too much fun. There is a heavy price to pay for pleasure.

The posters here enjoy this very live review thread, don't let those who could not spare more than 5min put you off.

Tim,

Why did you choose a cruise from Sharm? I can travel using my concessions on most commercial airlines but none fly to Sharm. Charter flight!!!!!!

Economy seats , now that would be a shock to the system .

Like the sound of the itinerary and would love to join you all again, know it would be just as much fun. unable to commit so far ahead, but will keep it in mind.

Joanne

Tim,

Why did you choose a cruise from Sharm? I can travel using my concessions on most commercial airlines but none fly to Sharm. Charter flight!!!!!!

Economy seats , now that would be a shock to the system .

Like the sound of the itinerary and would love to join you all again, know it would be just as much fun. unable to commit so far ahead, but will keep it in mind.

Joanne

I know, I am struggling to use my Avios too. The best option I can find is BA to Milan (or Geneva if pushed), Club Europe of course, then Easyjet on to Sharm. It would be far easier for all concerned if you could persuade BA to fly to Sharm. Can't you have a word?

Stumbled across your live blog after a friend asked for some advice for MSC, what an enjoyable read. Thanks so much for sharing, keep up the good work, looking forward to your next cruise already! :)

Many thanks and you are welcome.

Here are the last photos I have to share, actually Elizabeths that she kindly emailed a couple of days ago.

DSC05961.jpg

I believe this was shortly after crossing the equator when the heavens opened up and we made a quick retreat, if you can call traversing the full length of the ship quick, to Duane's suite and hospitality.

DSC06056.jpg

The only known picture in existence of me in a jacuzzi - with Stan in the consenting adults area just after he and Elizabeth had frightened away a loving couple.

DSC06004.jpg

Now just count the number of glasses here and compare to the number of people, even allowing for the photographer! We termed this "alcohol security".

DSC06006.jpg

Finally, a marvellous photo of all 13 less just John who must have been hobnobbing with the bigwigs. This was the Black card event when we didn't have one to rub between us.

That is it from me on this thread. I hope you enjoyed, we certainly did.

Four of the 13 are already booked on the Armonia sailing from Sharm el Sheikh to Venice in March 2014 and some of the others are considering it too. Why not join us? There is already a lively roll call discussion here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1815033

May our paths cross!

Regards,

Tim.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tim,

Amazing posts, as everyone has said! Thanks for all of the information!

Two quick questions:

1) Were the drinks you mentioned from the spa included in the allegrisimo package or were they extra?

2) I am sailing on the MSC Preziosa this summer and read in a review that they have cabanas you can reserve for extra price. Did they have those on your ship? If so, do you know any details? Also, do you know the cost of the consenting adults section you mentioned a few times? I know they charge for entrance to that area on the MSC Preziosa.

Thanks!!!

Hi Tim,

Amazing posts, as everyone has said! Thanks for all of the information!

Two quick questions:

1) Were the drinks you mentioned from the spa included in the allegrisimo package or were they extra?

2) I am sailing on the MSC Preziosa this summer and read in a review that they have cabanas you can reserve for extra price. Did they have those on your ship? If so, do you know any details? Also, do you know the cost of the consenting adults section you mentioned a few times? I know they charge for entrance to that area on the MSC Preziosa.

Thanks!!!

Many thanks Juvesgirl.

Yes all the spa drinks were included in Allegrissimo. The only drinks not included in the standard (non-Premium) Allegrissimo were bottles and cans, wines by the glass other than the 2 reds, 2 white and sparkling, premium spirits (though all the non-premium spirits were still branded) and cocktails which included the latter. These were all marked with a * on the respective bar menus. The remaining choice was still overwhelming. If you are into cocktails especially, Allegrissimo will save a fortune.

They had not introduced the charging system on the Fantasia. It had just been announced that it would be introduced from this Summer. I was keen to see the area while it was still free. You are right in that it will be the 'consenting adults' area I referred to but I can't help you with prices etc..

I hope you enjoy the Preziosa and i look forward to reading your report!

Tim.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Tim. I really appreciate it. If I hadn't read your posts, I never would have thought to get drinks from the spa, so thanks for the inspiration! Now if only we won't be charged for the drinks package, too...

• 6 months later...

I thought it was time for another airing of this most excellent cruise report :). It was only 9 months ago but it seems a lifetime away. Poor Duane (All Aboard?) still stuck in Madeira.... We must go back and collect him one day.

Here's to the next!

Tm.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought it was time for another airing of this most excellent cruise report :). It was only 9 months ago but it seems a lifetime away. Poor Duane (All Aboard?) still stuck in Madeira.... We must go back and collect him one day.

Here's to the next!

Tm.

Just wanted to wish our shipmates from this cruise a Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New year.

We were thinking of you all last month as Keith and I were in Maderia, one of our stops on a Westbound Transatlantic with Royal Caribbean - Tender steak, good entertainment and friendly efficient staff but your company was missed.

Joanne

Just wanted to wish our shipmates from this cruise a Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New year.

We were thinking of you all last month as Keith and I were in Maderia, one of our stops on a Westbound Transatlantic with Royal Caribbean - Tender steak, good entertainment and friendly efficient staff but your company was missed.

Joanne

Did you by any chance find Duane there?

If our Christmasses are half as merry as our time aboard the Fantasia, they will be very merry indeed!

Tim.

Edited by Skipper Tim