Carnival Liberty Breakfast

airlinerob

Hi All -

Thank you everyone for all the great input!

I have a question. I am on the Liberty 4/6 sailing (Western).

I went on John Heald's blog to look at recent Liberty Fun Times. I was very upset to see that on a recent February sailing, the dining room was not open for breakfast?

Is this something new? I'm not a fan of the buffet on Carnival, and I always go to the dining room for breakfast. I enjoy my eggs benedict, corned beef, etc.

Has anyone been on the Liberty recently? Was the dining room open for breakfast? Please tell me yes!!!

Robert

Hi All -

I went on John Heald's blog to look at recent Liberty Fun Times. I was very upset to see that on a recent February sailing, the dining room was not open for breakfast?

Is this something new? I'm not a fan of the buffet on Carnival, and I always go to the dining room for breakfast. I enjoy my eggs benedict, corned beef, etc.

Has anyone been on the Liberty recently? Was the dining room open for breakfast? Please tell me yes!!!

Robert

The dining room is always open for breakfast. The only changes on the Liberty since the 2.0 upgrades is that on Sea Days instead of having separate breakfast and lunch seatings they have a Punchliners Brunch which starts at 8:30 or 9:00 depending on the ship you are on.

On port days the dining room is open for regular breakfast (old menu) but closed at lunch just like in the past.

I always eat in the DR when it's open. I still had regular breakfast fare like omlette's, sausage, hashbrowns.....eggs benedict was available along with bagels and lox, pancakes and waffles...but there was also breakfast burritos, steak and eggs (best steak I've ever had)....

I'm an early morning person, so I would go for breakfast as soon as it opened and then go back just before closing for more traditional lunch food like pasta, or chef salad...

My sister really liked the Blue Iguana Cantina on the Lido that served custom made breakfast tacos and burritos...they have a great salsa bar there too.

The comedians don't start performing until 10am at the Brunch so keep that in mind. It lasts about 10 minutes or less.

Hi All -

Robert

Dining room is open for breakfast on port days AND for BRUNCH on sea days. Brunch starts at 9am. We went both brunch days, and arrived at 9 am or shortly after. They had a variety of different items on the menu to choose from. We went to MDR for breakfast all but one day on cruise on Liberty last week. Working on a review now!

Hi All -

Robert

The dining room is open for breakfast on port days but you are correct...the mdr is not open for BREAKFAST on Sea days. Instead of breakfast on sea days you will now get BRUNCH on sea days which does not open until 9am. So you do have an option of eating in the mdr on sea days...just later. Personally, I prefer breakfast earlier than 9 am. but everyone is different.

So where is the Punchliner's Brunch located?

the two ships we have had it on had it in middle dining room.

Comedy part of comedy brunch is rather a waste but nice to see different food choices for breakfast.

So where is the Punchliner's Brunch located?

The Gold Dining Room, not the Silver. The Silver is Aft, the Brunch will be at the dining room more forward. All breakfast was in the Gold Dining Room, at least on our cruise last week that's where it was.

One Exception - debarkation day, it was in the Silver Dining Room.

Archived