Can we request a trundle?

We were told that only certain cabins can handle the trundle beds. In our case, it is a person with a disability that can't climb up to the bunk. Not sure what we heard was correct or not, but it's worth asking about.

If you think your child can't handle being in an upper bunk, just take the mattress from the bunk and put in on the floor in your cabin and use it that way. I know your room steward will help with this. Also, if you have a sofa in your room, have the room steward turn the sofa towards the wall at night and make it up as a bed that way.

Fantasy class balcony cabins also do not have sofas. The suites do. Like the pp said, you can request a trundle or rollaway from the room steward. It's true that only some of the rooms are designated as being able to take a trundle/rollaway, and those designations were very arbitrary. It was just a way of them not booking too many people into trundles/rollaways. But as long as there is one available somewhere, they will accommodate.

On my first cruise, my friend's mom slept in the upper bunk one night, and she didn't want to have to do that again. They found an unused rollaway, and brought it to the room for her on the 2nd day.

The last time we were on the Fascination which is a Fantasy class ship we were in an oceanview room. There was a trundle bed stored under our bed...had problems storing luggage because it was in the way but you should be able to get one.

I would go to guest services and ask..you might get better results if your room steward is busy and does not want to get one.

The last time we were on the Fascination which is a Fantasy class ship we were in an oceanview room. There was a trundle bed stored under our bed...had problems storing luggage because it was in the way but you should be able to get one.

I would go to guest services and ask..you might get better results if your room steward is busy and does not want to get one.

For next time:)

Store the luggage on the side facing the window. Might have to put them under from the foot of the bed. The beds are lightweight. 3 of the last four cruises on the Inspiration I've moved beds around.

I'd wait til after dinner to see if the trundle has been brought in. Complaining to GS beforehand might get the steward in trouble.

Archived