Day Pass for Resorts Necessary?

vg247

Dear experts,

So we have booked for a private driver with Victor Bodden while in Roatan during our NCL port day and we are only mainly interested in a beach day with some snorkeling.

My understanding is beach access is free in the West Bay area so I would like some feedback on whether paying for a day pass at one of the resorts is necessary? Are the beach fronts directly on a resort just limited to their guests or are they public so long as you don't use their chairs ? From pictures, we like to be on a beautiful beach with clear water and not filled with people..something like Infinity Bay Resort.

We don't really need a fresh water shower, etc. as we love to spend days end tanning and being in the water. We already have a driver at our disposal and figure we can ask them to take us any where in the area for food and dining, therefore is there any other perk to having a resort pass aside from beach chair and having access to their facilities? We have always been fine with laying on a beach towel all day long on a nice beach...

Many thanks advance.

No you don't have to get a resort pass, but can't use their chairs, pools, bathrooms etc. Or sit on their private property. Have a meal/drink at their restaurant and I doubt anyone will stop you from using a bathroom.

The beach is wide enough especailly in certain spots that you can throw a towel down easily. Or you can rent a chair from the beach club areas for about $10 for the day.

Our driver took us to an entrance by Mayan Princess and we had a choice of $10pp for a nice place next door to MP or $25pp to use MP resort. We chose the $10 option and our 4yo was free. Our driver stayed there until our return trip.

Our driver took us to an entrance by Mayan Princess and we had a choice of $10pp for a nice place next door to MP or $25pp to use MP resort. We chose the $10 option and our 4yo was free. Our driver stayed there until our return trip.

Do you remember the name of the place next door to MP? Did they have a pool?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know, after having quite the email conversation with no less than 4 people at Infinity Bay...they will not commit to a day pass before the day you arrive. The final word was, "You'll just have to come and then we will see if we have room for you." So our plan is to go to IB first and then on to Mayan Princess if they are full. But I would like to know about the entrance next door to MP??? I dont recall any beach club except Tabyana and it is down further toward the wall.

Just wanted to let you know, after having quite the email conversation with no less than 4 people at Infinity Bay...they will not commit to a day pass before the day you arrive. The final word was, "You'll just have to come and then we will see if we have room for you." So our plan is to go to IB first and then on to Mayan Princess if they are full. But I would like to know about the entrance next door to MP??? I dont recall any beach club except Tabyana and it is down further toward the wall.

If I am understanding this correctly. you wish to know about the access to Mayan from the main road? The Mayan drive way is just before and next to the West Bay Mall... any taxi driver will know exactly where it is. If you seek Mayan on the beach side from Bananarama go the opposite direction of Infinity.. they have an adventure booth with "Mayan Tours" on it.

Wait, maybe I didn't understand.. the entrance next door to Mayan? Maybe you are talking about the public access that is between Bananarama and Paradise Beach Club. It is the only public access to West Bay I know from the main road.

This may be of help, a map of West Bay, you can zoom in with the + in the upper left corner to get the names a bit more clear.

I think the san simon beach club is next door. Google Map Of West Bay Roatan for a good map

After looking at the map, dumb me finally figures out that all the places on West Bay are very close together, so we can just haggle a cab price to the area, check out Fosters, talk to Leslie there, and if it is not what we want , they all all close, so I can forget about whether I want to pre book..Thanks Guest for all the input. You have been a great help..Do you by chance know Larry , the harbor boat guy at Coxen ?

Looks like neither one of our map links are working..

try this one.. it is a link to a thread with a link to the map

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g944573-i12645-k4279638-Map_of_West_Bay-West_Bay_Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

sany1921.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sure, no worries..

Indeed you are correct West Bay is less than a half mile long.. I know this cause I lady was was walking with a few weeks ago had a GPS runners watch. :0)

No, I don't know Larry.. I don't spend much time in Coxen Hole and never at the harbor. :0)

Archived