Docking in St Petersburg

GeorgesGal

I've been searching the boards to determine where O docks in SPb. I understand there are docking facilities right downtown for the smaller ships. Can anyone let me know where the various Oceania ships dock?

Thanks for your help!

Donna

I've been searching the boards to determine where O docks in SPb. I understand there are docking facilities right downtown for the smaller ships. Can anyone let me know where the various Oceania ships dock?

We've been with Oceania several times on the R ships and have always docked right by the bridge near the Hermitage in town.

Not sure where the large ships would dock.

In June 2011 on Marina, we docked at the "new" facility about 20 minutes drive from central St. Petersburg. Fortunately, we were there on the weekend so our private tour did not waste much time sitting in what can be horrendous traffic.

Thank you to all who have responded. I had guessed that the R ships would be downtown, while the newest ones would be out a ways, and you have all confirmed that.

I appreciate everyone's sharing from their experience.

Donna

As of last week's conversation with the cruise director, David Shermat, the R ships are being squeezed out of the river mooring in SPB by regular local cruise lines. The R ships MAY tie up in town but it is not assured.

However, cruises that stop in Bordeaux the R ships tie up in the river in town and the O class ships are some miles away at the mouth of the river.

Good luck,

Robbie

Archived