Best restaurant in Anchorage for Copper River Salmon

doug52

So, this is my first post. We just booked our cruise tour which will start on May 25th in Anchorage. I noticed that last year the Copper River Salmon was being delivered around mid May so by May 25th it should be available at many of the Anchorage Restaurants.

We are staying that night at Captain Cooks and I am looking for advice on which restaurants would be best for experiencing this wonderful salmon, probably fresh off the boat that day.

As you know copper river salmon is very seasonal. A place to start is the Captain Cook itself which has a great restaurant that has a wonderful view. You can look at their WEB site for info on that.

Also get an idea in mind of what view (side of the hotel) you want to request at check in.

Another strong choice is Simon and Seaforts, now far from the CC which has a great view in summer. Here's a link http://www.simonandseaforts.com/

You can telephone either place to ask your questions.

Great thanks. Yes, I checked the expectation for the 2013 season and they are expecting a strong year for Copper River Salmon so hopefully it will be available by late May.

Thanks for the input on Simon and Seaforts, I will look into them. And yes the best alternative may be to just stay at Captain Cooks and go to the Crows Nest.

As you know copper river salmon is very seasonal. A place to start is the Captain Cook itself which has a great restaurant that has a wonderful view. You can look at their WEB site for info on that.

Also get an idea in mind of what view (side of the hotel) you want to request at check in.

Another strong choice is Simon and Seaforts, now far from the CC which has a great view in summer. Here's a link http://www.simonandseaforts.com/

You can telephone either place to ask your questions.

Here's a second recommendation for Simon and Seaforts. Wife and I have been going there consistently for nearly 18 years and I always look forward to Copper River Salmon season which usually starts at Simons sometime in May.

They serve it in several ways and I have two favorites: one is grilled and served on a cedar plank while the other is grilled and topped with a mango salsa. Absolutely delicious. Other places do Copper River salmon as well but, for us, Simons is consistently #1 for both the food and the great view of Cook Inlet.;)

Yes to salmon on cedar plank! I could eat that 3 x a day.

I am careful to note that the view from Simon and Seafort's is excellent in the summer as often winter visitors will read one of my posts and be hugely disappointed that the view for dinner in the winter is nothing but black outside.

Not kidding! That has really happened.

Yes to salmon on cedar plank! I could eat that 3 x a day.

I am careful to note that the view from Simon and Seafort's is excellent in the summer as often winter visitors will read one of my posts and be hugely disappointed that the view for dinner in the winter is nothing but black outside.

Not kidding! That has really happened.

So true but we solved that problem in the winter by going for lunch. It's a similar menu and you can see something.:)

So, this is my first post. We just booked our cruise tour which will start on May 25th in Anchorage. I noticed that last year the Copper River Salmon was being delivered around mid May so by May 25th it should be available at many of the Anchorage Restaurants.

We are staying that night at Captain Cooks and I am looking for advice on which restaurants would be best for experiencing this wonderful salmon, probably fresh off the boat that day.

Humpys! Love Humpys salmon special dinner.

Archived